PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 01:19:11 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogo is changing badge days etc......

Started by gran2x2,

Previous topic - Next topic

gran2x2

POGO is changing things again..Below is from Pogo news....

Upcoming Changes to Weekly Release and Challenge Days

By Staff | November 17, 2011

In Pogo's ongoing effort to increase efficiency, release content more frequently, address issues more quickly and improve the overall quality of our website, beginning next year we will be changing our release day from Tuesday to Wednesday.

In order to create an environment for smooth releases, and allow our Club Pogo players ample time to complete the Weekly Challenges, we will also be changing our weekly Challenge Day from Wednesday to either Monday or Tuesday (still to be determined).

This will also provide Club Pogo players with a couple of more hours to complete the Challenges. Currently, Challenges are unavailable for several hours between the time one ends and the next begins. This change would mean that we would reduce the amount of time between the end and start times.

We expect the changes to improve the overall experience of Pogo players. If you have comments or thoughts, please contact The Editor.

harley89

SHould we start a forum pool on how quickly this may get screwed up when it is released

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

MsMissy

Thanks gran2x2, for the info. I havent as yet heard or seen anything about this. But i also hope they dont screw things up LOL  cheerleading.gif

snowflower

tumbsup.gif

Thanks for the 'heads up' Gran .. my question of course would be: how much more screwed up is this going to make our weekly "guess or by gawd" challenges? They don't always advertise the right challenges in the first place. Usually, they add or change something you weren't expecting. Most of the time you get bumped outta the rooms. And I've seen us wait around all day because someone forgot to  open up the temporary rooms. Also, I've noticed that some of the badges we play for after the completion of a game are not there at all. Many of the badges we play for are 'repeaters' and there's quite a few of these now. But my biggest grouch lately is the factual truth that they're no longer classed by most as ...  "challenges."

Who would not agree these days that they are so badly "tweaked" they've become more like complex obstacle courses that take all week to complete (unless you are able to sit at the computer all day)? In a lot of cases, for those of us who have to work for a living, a week is not enough time. The definition of "CHALLENGE" in my dictionary reads: To invite someone to take part in a contest of strength, skill, etc., to question or doubt something said or done, a summons to a contest, an objection. It refers in no way to making the already setup challenge ~ difficult and/or impossible to complete. They've had complaints about this before then admitted it and "tweaked" it back down to "manageable." I guess they must've forgotten about that because they're right back to the same thing again. It looks like they don't realize or care that most of the "leavers" are doing so for this reason.

I my humble opinion, Pogo is now huge and they just don't care. They do whatever suits them ~ regardless of the objections of the players who've built them into the GIANT they are today.  Wanna take bets this is really gonna improve things?

Mayhem

From Pogo News :

Pogo Challenge Day to Remain on Wednesday

After much deliberation we have decided to keep Challenge Day in its traditional Wednesday slot. We appreciate all the feedback we have received in the last few days regarding this.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

roadwarrior

why don't they just skip the weekly challenges and just hand us the badge each weds morning?  That should please the whiners.
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

harley89

catfancie

Quote from: harley89 on November 23, 2011, 09:38:13 PM
I bet that feedback they got is highly entertaining

Most of it was probably typed in all CAPS and a lot of curse words to go along with them.  To bad they will never post any of them.  They would be fun to read. 

Squid

People are frequently not good with change.  If they moved badge day  to Mon. or Tues., there would be a small period of adjustment, but we'd all get used to it.  If it's better for most peeps in the long run (more time to complete challenges), why not?

I agree, though, the input Pogo got on this would likely be entertaining!

roadwarrior

So...

If I'm understanding pogo correctly pogo is going to do one of two things-

when the weekly challenges happen next year, does that mean were going to have 7 or 8 days to finish them?

OR

Last week's badges will end Wednesday afternoon and the new weekly badges will start early Wednesday morning?
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

harley89

It depends on how Pogo reads the content of their own statement. These are the people  that one time admitted they could not tell the difference between open chat dialogue and private chat dialogue.  That happened because somebody got reported  while in a private chat with a friend.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview