PlayBuddy
September 20, 2024, 07:30:15 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Garden...Problem with ants killing okra

Started by disndat,

Previous topic - Next topic

disndat

Hello All. I plant a garden every year and manage to reap a pretty good harvest. I have learned to battle most of the common problems with the pesky insects...except the all out war with the ants and okra!!! Those devilish ants seem to think I plant okra soley for them!!! Have any of you had this problem and come across any product or home remedy to combat it? I'm going to post this question on a couple of gardening sites but I thought some of you might have some useful info to share as well. Have a great day all.

disndat

Thank You, Thank You!!! I checked out that site and love it. Added it to my favorites and passed it on to a few people who were having the same problem. Really like that most of the solutions mentioned are home remedies. No strong chemicals! I'm going to try each of the suggstions, starting tomorrow, and see which works best. Again, Thanks.  hi11.gif

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

disndat

Hello All,
Been so busy with the vegetable and flower gardens that I've had to let Pogo slide for awhile. Just wanted to let you know that one of the suggestions listed for controlling ants on okra REALLY does works. Mixing ground cinnamon with ground cayenne pepper and sprinkling it around the base of the okra plants. The ants don't like it!! I was so satified with the results, I didn't even try any of the other suggestions. Again, thank you,  thank you, thank you!!! cheesy.gif   Have a great day all.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview