PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 11:40:35 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Norton Security

Started by Mistyeyed,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mistyeyed

I have NOrton Security on my computer and the other day they had an update available which i downloaded..since i did that I cant get some of my programs to open,mozilla forefox and even all my autos wont open now..when i try to run anything a box pops up that says "open with"..when i click on internet explorer which is the only thing highlighted in the box,it takes me to a file download box and if i click on run or save,it takes me right back to the "open with" box again,i think when i downloaded the norton update it must have screwed something up,any suggestions on how i can fix this?   thanks everyone..

smokyrain

Which Norton product do you have?

I have NIS 2012 and there hasn't been a new update for me. I just checked now even.

Sounds like you have an issue with file associations.

Do you have Windows 7, because there is a .reg file one can download to restore all default settings.

just don

I've used Norton for almost a decade now, I know some say it a resource hog.

As smokeyrain suggested, and I do not have win 7, but back in the day, trying to do a roll-back restore may fix your issue. Find a date in the restore that will take you back to a time before the new update and your issues happened.

Mistyeyed

in have windows xp with ie 8 and the norton is norton360,not sure what the update was,but after it updated,a lot of my programs wont open,even my itunes wont open now...where do i go for that restore?

smokyrain

Actually Norton is not a resource hog anymore, or at least for the last few years. Very fast and lightweight.

I don't know much about Norton 360, I would suggest posting on the Norton Community site. They are very quick to help there.

In case it got rid of some malware or something, I wouldn't recommend a system restore, but thats just me.

Go here for the file restore reg file

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/19449-default-file-type-associations-restore.html

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview