PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 11:33:33 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

help with router

Started by rainbow,

Previous topic - Next topic

rainbow

if anyone has any idea I would preceate it...I got a brand new dell for christmas..hate windows 7 but other then that its fast as lightning..so the question is I want to run my cheats on my old puter..150 member I am..so hooked up my linsky neat router on my new puter..but cant get my old puter to get on line..we have tried a few different adapters on my old puter...the latest being duel band wireless N USB adapter..any ideas..am I doing something wrong??? yawn.gif

smokyrain

Ok when you connected the router to your new Dell, did you reconfigure it and have a pass phrase set up

Is the old pc just not finding your router, or what exactly is wrong. What Operating system does it have.

YOu need to go to Wireless Network and find your Router, enter pass phrase and connect.

gran2x2

I also got a new laptop and I had to go through my ISP to get em both set up right cuz I was so lost....

Homer

with my USB adapter you have to install the software that comes with it on the pc you plan to use it with then you have to connect to the network using your password through the software you installed

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

smokyrain

Yeah thats usually the best. I had to do the same for my Cisco wireless N adapter. Then it does everything for you basically or walk you through it.

rainbow

I  have windows 7 on new one and xp on old one..gonna try un install and starting from square one..Im pretty dumb when it comes to this stuff..thanks e1

smokyrain

Well on the Windows 7 you don't need to do much except configure your router

Not sure what model of Linksys you have but if you google it, you should find the guide

On the XP machine, install your Wireless network card. Go to its site too make sure you have the latest software for it.

Then if it doesn't have software to configure it, you just go to Start menu, click on Networking and Wireless Networks

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/wlan_client_configure.mspx?mfr=true

Sometimes you will have both competing to run the Wireless Network. So you have to choose if there is software, or let Windows configure it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview