PlayBuddy
September 22, 2024, 07:30:37 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Reformat Question

Started by gran2x2,

Previous topic - Next topic

gran2x2

Will a reformat help an old pc run better? I have all my original discs to do it...Also what exactly does a reformat do?

Homer

It can but the real issue may be your resources like RAM, hard drive, processor etc.

Many times it is just cheaper to get a new pc that to try and upgrade your resources. I've seen many offers where new desktops can be had for under $300

Reformatting wipes your hard drive clean and you will then need to reinstall all software like windows, A/V etc. You will need to backup your files also or you will lose them

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

harley89

If you are using XP as OS I would advise just buying a new puter. Support for XP ends in I think 2014. Vista is OK but Windows 7 is the IS the OS  microsoft should have made from the start.  I will also add this on my laptop I installed the Microsoft Security Essentials (its free) and it works as good as any other free or paid  programs. I have had no virus problems it does not give false positives with the autos and I have had NO bugs(those little trackers and other crap)  I have been double checking with other software to guage how well it works and I have been suprised.

gran2x2

WELL it is 10 years old and i rarely use it since getting a laptop for Christmas but being old school (lol) I hate to dump something that still works. But I think I will just get a new tower. grkids use it when here and it's hooked to my printer...it's just slow and sluggish and i know very outdated now..BUT SHE'S BEEN A GOODY...I will miss it cuz I understand how she operates..lol...TY guys for advice... tumbsup.gif

harley89

One thing I can suggest and I have about 3 of these. get a hard drive enclosure and put the hard drive in(it is easy) and you can access the data from another pc or laptop.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview