PlayBuddy
September 22, 2024, 07:30:58 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

FLASHES on game screen with Google Chrome?

Started by snowflower,

Previous topic - Next topic

snowflower

white flag.gif panic button.gif
I'm not sure if this is supposed to be happening or not, and if not ~ anyone know how to fix it? I'm running win/XP and my browsers are Google, firefox, Google Chrome and in that order. I didn't have any of these on screen 'flashes' before I downloaded and used Google Chrome. It's only when I'm running that browser that it happens. Is it dangerous or is this  just part of Google Chrome? It's like ... a quick flash in the background and only for a nano second and then it's gone till next time. I guess they range approximately 3-5 minutes apart maybe. Any suggestions? Bestest place to ask! Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

disneyland lady

I have been using Chrome for quite a while and only recently started seeing this and it seems to only happen when I am playing Payday  Freecell. Although it might have happened while doing a Beakers MnM with the auto cuz I noticed the screen looked washed out of bright color. I know my Chrome is set to update on its own and perhaps I should not have done that.

snowflower

Wow disneyland lady, I thought it was just me. But I notice it in all the games on my puter.
Not sure where that leaves us but I guess we're gonna find out.
Anyone else know anything about these flashes too?
Disney and Snowy gonna go up in a great ball of smoke?

giggle2.gif

Thanks disney hunny, appreciate your response.

harley89

I am liking Chrome less and less. Not sure what they are doing but it is not as good as it once was

MIAMISTORM

The Google Chrome browser is built primarily around a Java scripted engine. The most current Java platform is 6/u30, however recently Adobe introduced a new BETA version of their Java platform and appropriately named it Java 7. Initially and even as of today with a newly released update (Java 7/u2) this not yet ready for prime time version of Java 7 that conflicted with most of Pogo's games. At one point Pogo was warning members that it detected Java 7 on their computers and warned them that they would experience problems because J7 was incompatible with Pogo. It advised members to re-install the Java 6 platform. To make matters worse Pogo started converting their games from a Java based platform to the Adobe Flash platform. You'll need to go to the control panel and click on the 'Java' icon which will open a window entitled: 'Java Control Panel'. Click on the second tab called 'Java', now click on the 'View' button on the bottom of that window. Another new window called 'Java Runtime Environment Settings' will open up. The first tab is called 'User' under which you'll see the version(s) of Java installed on your machine. You should see under 'Platform' the following version number '1.6' / 'product' 1.6.0_30'. You'll should also note a check mark box at the end of that 'platform' sentence. It should have a check mark in that box. If you also see under the 'User' tab 'Platform' 1.7 and that to has a check mark in the box at the end than this is where your problem may lie. This is telling you that: 1. You have Java platform 7 installed on your computer (remember Java 7 is the one that Pogo has problems with) and 2. That your machine has two versions of Java trying to run at the same time. Abobe recommends that any older versions of Java be uninstalled before a newer version is installed on the machine. Try 'un-checking' the box on the platform line that has the 1.7 version listed, then reboot the computer. If that shortcut doesn't work then uninstall Java 7 from your machine and reinstall Java 6 /update 30 on your computer again. Also go to the java website and in the center of the page you'll see a test link that reads: 'Do I Have Java?'. Clicking on that link will check your machine and let you know which version of Java you have running on your machine. The only problem with this method is that it tells you the latest version of Java installed on your computer but not the fact that you may have more than one version of Java on your computer like the first method I described using the Control Panel's 'Java' icon will. If you have a 64-bit browser using Vista x64, Windows 7 x64 or Windows 8 x64 beta you must install both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Java. Also make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash v11.2.202.160 beta 3, which you can download at filehippo, installed on your computer. If you're uncomfortable using beta programs then use their latest release version which is v11.1 which is also available at File Hippo's website. Also Google Chrome users have an area at the java's website dedicated just for them. I use both IE and Chrome and my directions using the Java icon in the Control Panel works for both browsers. I hope this helps you.

harley89

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

roadwarrior

Quote from: Homer on January 13, 2012, 02:00:15 PM
Hotflash v1.6?  tongue.gif

I have the most current version too.  Maybe it needs supplements?  Beer flavored water?
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

snowflower

hi11.gif
Thanks so much everyone for your feedback, it's so helpful to know how others are making out with the same problem you have. And MIAMISTORM, I followed your directions in your Control Panel Section and find that I do have v1.6 only ~ with a check mark at the end. Nothing else. Also I used File Hippo for the Adobe Flash but wasn't able to locate v11.1. Possibly I've missed it somehow?
undecided.gif
Blindly go I, one step ahead of the big puff of smoke. For now, lol.

harley89

Joe C

Wait a minute? Homer getting slapped instead of slapping some innocent poster? I guess the end of the world is near. Next thing you know, the Eagles and the Jets will be playing in the Superbowl.
tumbsup.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview