PlayBuddy
September 22, 2024, 05:32:38 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Virus?

Started by C~M,

Previous topic - Next topic

C~M

I know BH doesn't put viruses in their programs and even redid all the autos to get rid of the false positives. My concern is I installed the auto MahjonggDementia before with no problem and it wouldn't work so I deleted it. I decided to try again and downloaded it and Norton kept killing it so I disabled it to download it. I then turned Norton back on and tried to install it and got this from Norton:

My question is why would BH need to install something into my system32 folder and is it safe?

PS:

I noticed in the BH Downloader you have an auto for Snood but not the Mahjongg Dimensions and that BH doesn't have the Snood auto listed on their site.

snowflower

rolleyes.gif

Scary CM ... hard way to start out the New Year. I sure hope everything's ok on your system. Keep us informed gf.

smokyrain

I only have trouble with Norton and downloading from Badgehelp if I click on the wrong Click me

The one I click on is with the red arrow after it loads

Once downloaded Norton gives me no errors on Pogo autos.

just don

Crazy, I did the same thing, with the same results. Was curious to try the "new and improved window adjustments" to see if the program would work....LOL

Oh well, just another nudge elsewhere for me, and it worked.

les

I tried to upgrade crossword cove using the badgehelp downloader any ways Norton's say's it's a virus I tried restoring the file but every time I click it Norton's block my access to it UGH.. I thought the badgehelp downloader was suppose to install a program with no problems guess I was wrong  slap1.gif

smokyrain

Have you ran the automated fix to remove that trojan

http://us.norton.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2011-121607-4952-99

That particular file is also used by Paragon Image Mounter, so if you have that program you may have to reinstall.

C~M

Quote from: smokyrain on January 09, 2012, 12:08:30 PM
Have you ran the automated fix to remove that trojan

http://us.norton.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2011-121607-4952-99

That particular file is also used by Paragon Image Mounter, so if you have that program you may have to reinstall.

It all happened when I tried to install the auto. I turned off Norton until I had it downloaded and turned Norton back on before I tried to install it.  The auto then tried to install something into my system32 folder which is why Norton csught it.

The first thing I did was let my Norton fix it and it removed it and rebooted my computer and it was taken care of.  After the reboot I went to Norton site and downloaded the ZeroAccess Remover program from them and ran it and after it did it's thin, said I didn't have the virus so I guess my Norton got rid of it.

Also, I never have had Paragon Image Mounter. (I can Google too) lol

smokyrain

lol, I am sure you can google.

The strange thing I find though is not much info on that, even on the Norton Community site.

So makes you wonder really what it is.

I have scanned all my files with Norton and with Malwarebytes and nothing comes up

This download was from the Badgehelp Downloader though, or manually download.

just don

Badge help downloader never added the "new and improved" Mahjonng program. We both tried it from the BH site the 1st time with no issues, deleted it because it didn't work, than after a few days of input, tried to d/l the program again, just to see if it might work with adjusting the game window size, only to encounter a virus warning?

I've also never used, or had, Paragon Image Mounter program.

smokyrain

That is strange. I downloaded it with no issue and I have double scanned etc. But like I said in my earlier post,  if I click to the right of my red arrow in the picture, instead of on the click here (in blue) then Norton blocks the site.

C~M

So nice to see BH reply to this topic and tell us (me) if it installed that into my system32 folder and why it needed to.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview