PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 07:52:07 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

SOPA & PIPA...Wassup

Started by gran2x2,

Previous topic - Next topic

gran2x2

no-no.gif  Can someone explain this to me in plain old lady English   hysterical.gif ...I just went to my local craigslist(I am an addict) and it was shut down to protest SOPA/PIPA... white flag.gif help.gif

harley89

Sopa  and PIPA were written to protect copyrighted material . It is a good idea to protect copy right just make sure that is what you are doing. There are those that believe it goes to far.  The whole thing will give you a headache from all the different views.  Protecting copy righted material should be easy. But when governments get involved you can bet what should be simple becomes a whole big thang.  And a big thang is what it has become.

Stinkerbell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJIuYgIvKsc&feature=g-all-f&context=G208578bFAAAAAAAACAAhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJIuYgIvKsc&feature=g-all-f&context=G208578bFAAAAAAAACAA

Here's a rant video from a guy who lists several of the people who have filed the lawsuit, but  are in fact the people who started all the file sharing stuff to begin with.

He goes on and on, and it's kind of interesting, if you feel like listening.

gran2x2

I think I get it now...but it still seems like something the government has no right to mess with...

harley89

Quote from: gran2x2 on January 18, 2012, 06:06:43 PM
I think I get it now...but it still seems like something the government has no right to mess with...

The internet has brought a new series of problems to the copyright issue.  People are using copyrighted material and "hiding" behind the "freedom of the net" Now most site operators are watching for copyrighted material and removing it but not all. I do strongly believe that the author has the right to own his/hers material.  In some cases money is being made and the authors are getting nada.  But it does not need a heavy hand.  Remember the whole issue of downloading music same thing once again.  I read several sites where you pay to read the material and it is under copyright. But the material is being copied in other places.  And it is wrong. Homer and Mayhem are among the good guys and do not allow such material to be posted.  You can link to such material just not copy and paste. It is a legal issue  and one that will be resolved I am just not sure everybody is going to be happy.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview