Bejeweled Stars : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Score 60000 points this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Zombie Dog

Started by harley89,

Previous topic - Next topic

harley89

the last week has been challenging for me. My fur baby developed a hematoma on his ear which is not uncommon and easily fixed but this one has been a nightmare.  The 1st attempt to fix it failed so he had to have a second.  Vet wanted to keep him confined so kept him over night.  Next morning he walked in to find my  baby had spent the night shaking his head had the place looking like a crime scene.  So he gets him out and by the time they got him calmed down the place like someone need to call CSI.  So he had to sedate him and let him come home but I am not sure he knows where he is.  I take him back Friday and I hope we can stop the zombie pills.  I got him a new can of tennis balls to celebrate the event.  On a side note I took him a plain cheeseburger while he was in the vet kennel and my DAD told me I should have left him a beer along with it. We discovered some time ago that he loves a good cold beer so we have to watch our beers if we sit them down.

NoWitch1

Poor buddy!!  Hope all goes well tomorrow!

Homer

I had a dog when I was younger that drank beer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

C~M

gran2x2

I had a cat that liked beer....but it had to be cold... hysterical.gif Hope he gets well soon!!!

harley89

love the pics he would be one of them if I let him. I doubt the vet would have allowed him a beer . most vets do not have a permit to serve beer

Squid

Harley, I'm so sorry to hear about your furbaby.  A friend of mine had a golden retriever who would shake so hard that the blood vessels broke in her ears, causing huge hematomas.  It was always a problem.  I hope your baby gets well quickly. 

harley89

he is getting better and after his checkup last friday he no longer is a zombie dog. it took a couple of days but meds are out of his system and back to normal.  Hubby was afraid he would have withdrawal but none. This Friday he gets the stitches out and we should be done. I will be glad dog needs a cleanup but with his ear I have not done that.

harley89

Thought I would up date this. My sweet furbaby(85lbs of love) had his 5th surgery today on his ear.  When I picked him up the vet came out and said he was going to get me a bed and put it in the back.  Now if this does not work I will have part of the ear flap amputated he has been through enough and has had only a few days he was not Zombie Dog. Right now his ear is once again stitched to his head then stitched to the bandage.  He is ticked off would not eat the cheeseburger i got as a peace offering

Squid

Awww, Harley.  The poor thing.  Those heavier ears are somewhat of a problem, I think.  I wish you the VERY best!

harley89

Update at this point 5 surgeries have been done to fix the ear. The last one has failed. Ear is once again swollen. Going this morning for a talk with the vet.  I most likely will have a one eared dog after today.  Surgery will likely be on Tuesday. So he gets some beer this afternoon.

Squid

Oh, poor baby!  He'll love the beer, though!  Good luck, Har.

harley89

Thanks Squid at this point I am thinking I need miracles.  After we get it fixed for good we gonna to have a beer bash for him

MsMissy

Awww, Harley i sorry to hear about your Dog, i hope he will get better soon. My sister has a Golden Retriver & she is constantly having to take her to Vet. with problems. So he likes Beer, now i think that would be cute too see. Drinks are on Harley for everyone LOL  beer11.gif

harley89

I was looking over things and discovered this will be the 7th surgery.  Kegger for sure

hotpinklovesofa

Poor puppy.  I hope this ordeal is over soon for the both of you.  It's so stressful on the dog but also the owner, it's not good for anyone.  I hate it when pets get ill.  I fall to pieces when my dog gets sick which luckily hasn't been too often.  Good luck to your boy.

harley89

I have a very good vet who is just as upset as I am with all this. I paid for the 1st surgery but have not been charged anything since then.  He told me today that never had one taken this long.  That we are in uncharted territory.   

snowflower

embrace.gif He`s your best friend and ... you sure are his!  Good luck harley hun..

Squid

I know the financial consideration is not primary here, but it's great that your vet hasn't been charging you for the subsequent procedures.  This kind of thing can break the bank.  Give the pooch a big kiss from your pogocheats buddies.

gran2x2

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview