PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 12:59:33 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogo Players Using Older Java Will Be Required to Upgrade

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Beginning on Monday, June 18th, Pogo will start requiring all players using Windows to use the latest version of Java. This will help ensure a more consistent and enjoyable experience.

You can see if you have the latest version (version 7 update 5) by going to : http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp?detect=jre&try=1
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Mayhem

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

roadwarrior

funny.  Pogo told me my java was current but the java website said I need the newer version.  Oh well...stupid pogo.
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

C~M

Quote from: roadwarrior on June 13, 2012, 03:22:27 PM
funny.  Pogo told me my java was current but the java website said I need the newer version.  Oh well...stupid pogo.

It is current as far as mst sites go, even Microsoft. I know this because I had to do a Factory Restore to get rid of a Trojan.ZeroAccess.B and right after I got it up and running again, that da*n Trojan found its way home. This time I used what I had learned from Norton Community when a guy tried to help me remove it. I ended up finding that bugger and forcefully deleting it. IT was hid within the extra hidden system files in two different places.

AustinBennett

Pogo seems to have changed their position since yesterday. In the "Pogo News" today no date is mentioned and they say only if you're experiencing problems with games to update.
Says if you're using versions 1.6.31 or 1.6.32 and not experiencing issue there's no need to do anything.

S1lent

Greetings,
One problem I encountered was double browsing with IE and FireFox.  FireFox wouldn't load the POGO game rooms.  After searching,  the FireFox bloggers said "I needed to run Java 6r32" and to remove the Java 7. It may be my problem as with three other computers I haven't noticed the problem. 
Additionally, the bad computer doesn't load Yahoo games either.

I suspect it is computer operator error and not computer.

Thanks for the info,
S1lent

just don

Quote from: AustinBennett on June 14, 2012, 01:13:59 AM
Pogo seems to have changed their position since yesterday. In the "Pogo News" today no date is mentioned and they say only if you're experiencing problems with games to update.
Says if you're using versions 1.6.31 or 1.6.32 and not experiencing issue there's no need to do anything.

Never, ever, update a thing pogo tells you to do unless you no longer can play a pogo game.!!!!!  vomit.gif

Pogo programmers no longer exist, and EA programmers are trying to figure out how all their new Pop Cap, and the friendly new  Facebook games match up to anything pogo related. hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

Sue

gran2x2

I updated Tuesday like it said and today.... swear2.gif...none of my games would load with Chrome...Soooooo I did a system restore for prior to java update and now they all work again.... cheerleading.gif

Just thought I would post this in case anyone else has a similar problem....

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview