PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 04:10:59 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Who’s Added You On Pogo? Find Out Soon!

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

A new, long-awaited feature is rolling out to Pogo soon that will allow you to see who's added you to their Pogo Friends List.

We are testing this feature with a selection of Free accounts first, and then over the next week or so will be rolling it out to all players on Pogo – both Free and Club.

At this time, you might want to take a quick look at your Friends List and remove anyone on there that you wouldn't want to know that you're currently following them. Maybe you are their secret admirer and you want it to stay that way, perhaps? Or perhaps you met them once and added them and now can't remember who they are. Take this opportunity to clean up your Friends List.

http://news.pogo.com/whos-added-you-on-pogo-find-out-soon/
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

roadwarrior

does this mean someone who's on my blocked list will know they are blocked by me?
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

Squid

Quote from: roadwarrior on July 17, 2012, 02:03:46 AM
does this mean someone who's on my blocked list will know they are blocked by me?
*GASP* !  I love being surreptitious!  Say it ain't so, Mayhem.

harley89

Lets see. I have a total of 4 people on my friends list.  I think I am okay.  Since I never speak to anyone on Pogo and have every block possible turned on I doubt anyone has added me. I am SOOOOO antisocial

NoWitch1

WOW~thanks for the heads up...I got some cleaning up to do  shocked.gif

MsMissy

WOW!! tks for the info Mayhem, ill have to try to understand it now LOL & of course ill ck it out.  shocked.gif

Squid

Quote from: harley89 on July 17, 2012, 05:21:38 AM
Lets see. I have a total of 4 people on my friends list.  I think I am okay.  Since I never speak to anyone on Pogo and have every block possible turned on I doubt anyone has added me. I am SOOOOO antisocial
We love ya, Harley!  I hope I'm on that list!    How's Zack doing today?

harley89

Quote from: Squid on July 17, 2012, 12:28:17 PM
  We love ya, Harley!  I hope I'm on that list!    How's Zack doing today?

Of course you are 1 of the 4. Zack is doing okay. The swelling is not going down as much as I would like. But it may be as good as it gets.

snap20

Quote from: harley89 on July 17, 2012, 05:21:38 AM
I am SOOOOO antisocial
I must be SOOOOOO (extra O) antisocial then. I have zero people on my friends list, and highly doubt I'm on anyone's. lol

AustinBennett

I'm leaving mine alone. Hell, I've got people on there I added and can't remember who they are. Well, they can find my name now and ask me who I am. A few I've had squabbles with will remain there, I want to know if they've entered the room I'm in before I'm blindsided. Also, I have several old accounts and I'm not about to go back and sort through the friends list wondering who to remove.
I'm leaving everything alone and let the chips fall where they may. What's the worst they can do anyway, follow me around and beg to have them removed?

snowflower

Quote from: AustinBennett on July 17, 2012, 04:13:53 PM
I'm leaving mine alone. Hell, I've got people on there I added and can't remember who they are. Well, they can find my name now and ask me who I am. A few I've had squabbles with will remain there, I want to know if they've entered the room I'm in before I'm blindsided. Also, I have several old accounts and I'm not about to go back and sort through the friends list wondering who to remove.
I'm leaving everything alone and let the chips fall where they may. What's the worst they can do anyway, follow me around and beg to have them removed?

Just too funny. LOL  hysterical.gif

Falcon!

I only have 3 ppl on my friends list, when i was new to pogo, i added random people for the hell of it bc i didnt have any friends on pogo lol.

C~M

Taken from the page Mayhem posted:
Quote from: PogoPlease note that if you've "Blocked" another player, we wont announce to that player that you've blocked them. That player will simply appear on your "Blocked players" list with them none the wiser.

gigi

disneyland lady

I have lots of questions about this. I am curious as to if this would give us a time frame type info although Pogos info does not seem to have this. I wanna know not only that someone I do not know is following me but how long they have been doing it. I will sometimes add someone just because they are way too talkative so I know not to go into a room or can leave a room when they show up. Easier than having the xxxxx is muted over and over. I just ranked out in Payday where there were several who thought it very important to let us know what their final score was that hand. I don't want them to know that I have them on my friends list since I only put them on it to avoid them. 

And if it lets us know that 3 weeks ago or 3 years ago someone added us or only show those that added us the day this application starts cuz I need to get busy and look now to get my curiosity resolved. I also added someone with a very inappropriate screen name just because I want to see how long before Pogo removes it. But I certainly do not want them knowing I have them on my friends list.

I know that when this rolls out it will more than likely make their servers crash while we all go in and see who has us on their list. It did crack me up that it states "Also note that on your Players That Added Me list page, we give you the option to friend someone back, block them, or even send that special someone a gift!" Gift someone stalking you? I think I will gift them that bucket of worms if this happens before that one runs out. And those 2 people here that I gifted with the bucket o'worms - I apologize but I do not think you are stalkers!

Joe C

There are other people on Pogo and they can be added to a "friends" list? Who knew?
lipsrsealed.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

gigi

This concerns me too.......... what if someone "is" stalking me just to be in the same room with me, but has me blocked..... does that mean I won't be able to see their name on my list?
right, like someone would follow me hahaha but you get my drift.
and..... if they "unblock" at random times just to see where I am and then block again...... i mean, what are the chances I would be checking the same time they are...... does that make sense?   
maybe pogo will put a tab on the page called "stalkers"

C~M

Quote from: gigi on August 14, 2012, 07:52:08 AM
This concerns me too.......... what if someone "is" stalking me just to be in the same room with me, but has me blocked..... does that mean I won't be able to see their name on my list?

Do you see my name on your list?

C~M

Pogo started rolling out the New Friend Notifications feature today. At the top of your home page within the "Friends Online" you will see a number in RED that shows how many new people started following you by adding you to their friends list. When you click on it, or visit your friends list,you'll see who has added you to their friends list. From there you can friend them back, block them, or do nothing.

You may not have this change yet. Pogo's rolling it out to players in stages. If you have it, you will see it when you view your friends list and look.   lol

Note: if you've "Blocked" another player, Pogo will not announce to that player that you've blocked them. That player will simply appear on your "Blocked players" list and they will not know.

roadwarrior

Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview