PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 04:38:48 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Who’s Added You On Pogo? Find Out Soon!

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

roadwarrior

Quote from: Joe C on August 17, 2012, 09:07:19 AM
I think I want to play Boggle Bash tonight, set the auto to 100% words found and leave it running overnight, just to see how many "friends" will add me....
tumbsup.gif

not a bad idea......hehehehe
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

harley89

No Squid you not a nut job(most of the time anyway)  I was in a room one night and someone using auto in BB and had it wide open. Drove them nuts all complained, reported and left the room. Seems detecting auto use drives them all out

hotpinklovesofa

Me either not that I expect to have any friends that aren't alternate user names since my account is private.

Just curious, is it easier to just completely block someone rather than mute them if they're the chatty type and you just want to know what stage you're at in completing a challenge and don't care about their score or their personal life that they're so comfortable blabbing about in public?  Do they show up as muted in that particular room and time only or is it always no matter what?  I typically just join rooms where I'm the only player so it's not like I automatically mute everyone but sometimes it's insane when a whole group will suddenly join the room and not shut up!

snap20

I muted someone one night and came back into the room a few weeks later and that user was still muted. So once you mute them, they stay muted no matter what.

C~M

Quote from: hotpinklovesofa on August 19, 2012, 08:51:12 PM
I typically just join rooms where I'm the only player so it's not like I automatically mute everyone but sometimes it's insane when a whole group will suddenly join the room and not shut up!

If you want to mute the whole room, just type /mute *

disneyland lady

I still do not have the new Friends feature but my free account does. It used to be my grandsons so it is listed as a teen and the mini shows a young guy. Surprise - I have a slew of predators (almost all men in their 40s - 50s) who have added him. I am going to send each a CEASE AND DESIST message as I block them. He has not been on Pogo since he found other online games 5 yrs ago. Not gonna tell him because that would creep him out.

snowflower

coffee.gif

As a general rule, I just turn chat OFF ... unless my sister is in the room with me or I know she's about to join me.  Also she knows to leave me a message (or call me) when I don't answer.  By turning chat OFF I don't have to see what they're saying, I don't chat, my profile is private and to date (knock wood)  .... I've had no problem. So I guess there are different ways one can approach this situation.

Sue

Where it says that you have eight friends online now also has a red number

on the bottom right that is to indicate someone has added you as a friend.

For example mine said I had 8 friends online and then I had a 1 in red which meant someone new added me.

Click on my friends list and it told me who had added me and I know this person added me 4 days ago so POGO is sneaky by going backwards into who added you.

Squid

I've finally joined those with those little red numbers.  Someone added me yesterday and I'm embarrassed to say I'm not sure who this person is.  I didn't add him/her, though, and my settings only allow friends to see me, etc. 

hotpinklovesofa

I still don't have that notification but I went and checked my friends list out of curiosity and two strangers had added me.  Doesn't say when but I'm pretty sure that my account has had the highest privacy settings possible from day one so it's just weird to me that you would add someone when you can't even see their profile.  The only adds I have are two alternative user accounts and one of them I don't even remember the password or email address I used and haven't logged in in years.  They must have added me accidentally b/c I'm far too antisocial to be interesting enough to follow.

MsMissy

I went to that link, Players who added you the other day & wow!! i saw a bunch of names i didnot even no. I wish pogo would let you Delete them instead of just blocking them. Its just taking space to me.   shocked.gif

disneyland lady

Why do they not ever actually try out their new features before presenting them? Players That Added Me has not worked for over a week. So much for protecting our privacy. I get this message:

Squid

Quote from: disneyland lady on August 27, 2012, 07:24:14 AM
Why do they not ever actually try out their new features before presenting them? Players That Added Me has not worked for over a week. So much for protecting our privacy. I get this message:

I could be wrong but I think you're getting that page because Pogo keeps signing us out of our accounts.  If you sign back in, you should get to the page you're seeking.  That's what happens with me anyway.  I'm getting just a little tired of having to sign in time and time again.  I can sign in on the Pogo homepage and try to go to my Friends' list and Pogo will sign me out!  I'm getting miffed.    swear2.gif

Falcon!

Squid

Falcon!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview