PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 04:02:33 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Coming Soon: Stealth Mode on Pogo!

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Pogo will soon be launching a new feature called "Stealth Mode" which allows you to enter any game room without being tracked on other players' Friends Lists.

There will be two modes: "Stealth Mode" and "Social Mode". Upon launch, your account will automatically be set to Social Mode, but within a few seconds, you can change into Stealth Mode.

So, let's say your Aunt Betty has you on her Friends List, and you just love her to pieces, but she's recently adopted an all-kale diet and can't seem to stop herself from telling you every last detail about it. You hear how she prepares it; what spices she adds; how much weight she's lost; how her body is functioning better, even though it gives her... well, you get the idea.

And while you find the every detail quite fascinating, there are times when you just want to play a couple of games uninterrupted and then get back to whatever it was you were doing.

Enter Stealth Mode! Soon, with a simple click of the mouse, you will be able to enter Stealth Mode and play without worry that someone will find you through their Friends List.

You'll know when this goes live because of the little green dot that will appear next to your screen name in the upper right corner of every page on Pogo:

That green dot indicates that you are in "Social Mode" and that your friends can find you. By clicking on the green dot, you can switch from "Social" to "Stealth" mode in a moment:

Switching from "Social" to "Stealth" mode will turn that little dot from green to gray, so that with a simple glance at the top of any page on Pogo you'll be able to see what mode you happen to be in:

This means that players who want to play without interruptions will not have to remove others from their Friends List, or jump through any hoops to have their alone time.

However, this feature does not prevent others from finding you manually. If Aunt Betty happens to enter the same room you are in while you're in Stealth Mode, she will be able to see your screen name and you'll likely end up hearing about how she's now making all her own clothes out of kale fiber.  It's highly unlikely this will happen – the part about her finding you – unless you have a tendency to play in the same rooms over and over again.

Look for "Stealth Mode" at the top of your homepage soon!
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

mycatownsme

roadwarrior

Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

Squid

mayhem... how did you know I have an Auntie Betty and how did you know she started a kale diet??   giggle2.gif giggle2.gif giggle2.gif giggle2.gif

CindyLouWho

Thanks for the info, Pogo should've had this long time ago!

g

thats great, but if now people will check token amounts to see if u are playing on stealth mode, then they come and say.... why dont u want me to see u? do i bug u? arent we friend? blah blah blah ... if they didnt buy me stuff i would just tell them to get a life ... lol

Squid

MsMissy

APACHESmooth

I think we are seeing just a shadow of a case for a Pogo Membership increase with all of the upgrades we're seeing. whistle.gif
TYVM for the info Mayhem

gigi

OMG I stopped reading at Kale...... LOL my daughter started with the juicer and Kale and it's all I hear hahahaha......
ok, I'm more calm now that I shared. so I can go back and finish reading

snap20

How am I supposed to stalk...err...curiously shadow people if I can't find them!?  magnifier.gif watching you.gif

S1lent

gran2x2

It is up ......but when you click for stealth mode you get an error ...Hope they fix it soon.

Squid

I just want you all to know... I'm watching each and every one of you.... stealth or no stealth........

PARANOIA.... sets in.....

snap20

Quote from: Squid on November 06, 2012, 02:37:01 PM
I just want you all to know... I'm watching each and every one of you.... stealth or no stealth........

PARANOIA.... sets in.....

magnifier.gif  panic button.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview