Bejeweled Stars : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Score 60000 points this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Someone please tell me that Uverse is worth it

Started by hotpinklovesofa,

Previous topic - Next topic

hotpinklovesofa

Not that I have a choice.  I just moved to a new neighborhood about a month ago.  I still don't have telephone or Internet service!  AT&T wasn't able to schedule someone to come out here to do whatever the hell they need to do until today which I thought meant that I would have everything working by now.  Nope,  the deadline for the 18th is actually 12:59 am on the 19th. I scheduled my service change the minute that I knew I was moving here which was over a month ago.  Are they always like this?  Seriously, someone please tell me that this inconvenience and my 2 hour commute to the office since I haven't been able to work from home is going to be worth it.  I'm not that picky nor demanding and really could have done without the gigantic modem and battery pack that came in the UPS yesterday.  This so better be worth it.  I better have service after 8 pm today which is when they told me to install the modem!  I'm tired of asking for badge help when really the only problem is that I don't have service at home and have very little time to play Pogo in the office.  I wish Apple and Java would make up and be friends so I could at least do the daily challenges on my phone which I've missed over the last few days.

Ugh, I know I'm being over dramatic, they're just games and it's really not about the tokens, I just want my office and life fully functioning.

Falcon!

Try Comcast, its what I have and always works great, and so is the service!

hotpinklovesofa

Comcast isn't an option in this area.  These little monopolies need to be busted up so we can choose who we want to do business with and not be forced into it because of location.  Thank god for Directv.  I would die if I was ever forced to go back to cable.

APACHESmooth

Quote from: hotpinklovesofa on July 18, 2012, 10:52:29 AM
Comcast isn't an option in this area.  These little monopolies need to be busted up so we can choose who we want to do business with and not be forced into it because of location.  Thank god for Directv.  I would die if I was ever forced to go back to cable.
I have U-Verse and love it!!!! heart1.gif
My television, landline & internet are all through U-Verse, during a power outage I lose nothing I have a BELKIN battery that came with the service that keeps all my stuff up and going for 12 hours I believe. It's been great for me.
  cheerleading.gif

hotpinklovesofa

Quote from: APACHESmooth on July 18, 2012, 01:56:21 PM
My television, landline & internet are all through U-Verse, during a power outage I lose nothing I have a BELKIN battery that came with the service that keeps all my stuff up and going for 12 hours I believe. It's been great for me.
  cheerleading.gif

Cool.  They just installed it so I finally have phone and internet working everywhere. 

That gigantic battery better be worth something so I'm glad about the 12 hour charge.

MsMissy

WE have Comcast out here in the Country as At&T will not come out here. But Satalite & Direct TV will. go figure lol But i myself aint happy with Comcast, as we are always losing it. the lines seem to be bad out here, so every few months they are fixing it. Oh it works great when it does, & Comcast is good, but i think we could be in a bad area with bad power lines also. Me im a City girl, i like houses next door & traffic.well enough of that.  Ive heard of UVerse, but i thought it was from AT&T. WE also have phone & TV, like Apache does & others i suppose.  cheerleading.gif

Squid

during a power outage I lose nothing I have a BELKIN battery that came with the service that keeps all my stuff up and going for 12 hours I believe.    cheerleading.gif
I WANT THAT!

gran2x2

harley89

Out here it is either direct or dish no other choices.  And I doubt comcast or uverse will be available in my lifetime.  Both Comcast and Uverse are cherry picking  right now and a area with maybe 6 homes and dirt roads is not high on the list.  AT&T did bring DSL service out here but we had to beg for a long time to get it.

gran2x2

giggle2.gif Harley...sounds like you live in my neighborhood...But my street is paved... cheesy.gif

NoWitch1

cheerleading.gif
They lied to you too?  I have had u-verse since last november and got that big battery pack to keep my chit going for 12 hours...you need to take a better look at that battery pack-the only thing it protects is THEIR router!!  After a power outage I called those people up and was told it isn't for MY equipment...follow the wires, see where that battery pack is plugged into your chit. 
Let's talk the 100 channels they promised me and I told them which I watch and was promised oh yes, included!!  They hand me the channel list before he starts installation and OMG it's all gone-no syfy, no tnt, just 100 uverse channels of crap...so I called them up and said tell your man to leave-I was lied to, my channels are gone...they gave me the 200 channel package that included what was promised, at the 100 channel price.  November all the discounts I am getting are gone-hopefully they will give me another year at this price-I have unlimited home phone, digital hi-speed internet, 200 channels and 4 receivers (dvr) for $120.00 a month...before uverse dish network $80 plus phone and internet $80 - so I am saving money and the tv picture is so much more clear than the dish network was, it was like getting new tvs lol
They lied about that battery tho-follow the wires if you don't believe me...coz they promised me the same thing  halloween22.jpg

NoWitch1

One more complaint, they promised I could record 4 programs at once and I have never been able to record more than 3 at once, even with all the televisions off....

APACHESmooth

Quote from: NoWitch1 on July 20, 2012, 06:10:18 AM
They lied to you too?  I have had u-verse since last november and got that big battery pack to keep my chit going for 12 hours...you need to take a better look at that battery pack-the only thing it protects is THEIR router!!  After a power outage I called those people up and was told it isn't for MY equipment...follow the wires, see where that battery pack is plugged into your chit. 
Let's talk the 100 channels they promised me and I told them which I watch and was promised oh yes, included!!  They hand me the channel list before he starts installation and OMG it's all gone-no syfy, no tnt, just 100 uverse channels of crap...so I called them up and said tell your man to leave-I was lied to, my channels are gone...they gave me the 200 channel package that included what was promised, at the 100 channel price.  November all the discounts I am getting are gone-hopefully they will give me another year at this price-I have unlimited home phone, digital hi-speed internet, 200 channels and 4 receivers (dvr) for $120.00 a month...before uverse dish network $80 plus phone and internet $80 - so I am saving money and the tv picture is so much more clear than the dish network was, it was like getting new tvs lol
They lied about that battery tho-follow the wires if you don't believe me...coz they promised me the same thing  halloween22.jpg
For some reason out here where I live we have transformer problems sometimes 3 or more a week and the electric goes out, so I've had my battery kick in several times and I was able to stay on the net and have my phone service until it was fixed.
The battery connects to the modem but, that modem is carrying the signal that provides all of your services without that modem your TV, stereo system, internet, or phone wouldn't work. As far as your tele I haven't a clue about that I have everything on mine that they offer, including phone, entertainment system, and internet.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview