Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Need Help

Started by smee,

Previous topic - Next topic

smee

First time poster, long time lurker.
I began having a problem with Pogo while using my Firefox today. I was able to sign on without a problem,
but when I tried to load a game (WCS, Hog Heaven) it wouldn't load. Finally a pop-up said I needed to update
my Java which I did (I went from 6.33 to 7.9). Now when I try to load a game, FF crashes.

Here is what I currently am running:
XP home with SP2, Java 7.9, Flash 11.5 and FireFox 3.6.8.

What are you all running, and do you have glitches? I am not going to frustrate myself by thinking the
folks at Pogo will be any help. I know my Firefox is old, but it worked fine yesterday.

Suggestions?
Thanks in advance

harley89

One thing I can suggest cause it happens in Chrome.  Install the Java update from your downloads folder on the pc do not install from FF.  Sometimes in Chrome it will not install unless you do this. And make sure it does a recovery point since some Java updates totally screw things up

Skylar

Hi smee I run pogo on both my laptops, dell running x-p pro and my acer running windows 7. I use google chrome as a browser, and some times on chrome when a game starts to load it will say I need to update java, when I run the update it will say you already have the current java, I try the game again and its fine and on some occasions I have to run pogo on internet explorer to get them to load. don't know what causes pogo games to do that good luck hope you can figure it out  tumbsup.gif

Mayhem

When an update is available, I close all my browser windows (that is important) and go to : Start Menu > Control Panel > Java > "Update" Tab and click on the "Update Now" button.

Installing the updates this way, I've never had any issues.

What I suggest you do is uninstall java - and then go to java.com and install the latest version. Then from now on, update your java via the method above.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

smee

Thank you all for your valuable input, without this site I would have to wade through too many erroneous and invalid
information other folks have posted on other sites.

I guess one of the questions I asked was what version of Firefox browser everyone was using.

I prefer FF to Chrome, alto Chrome works fine...I am not having any trouble getting Pogo to play with Chrome,
just FF.

I just want to make sure that there are not conflicts between my old FF and newer Java.There are so many versions
of FF on the old apps website, I am not sure which I should be using.

In some of the Pogo rooms today it appears that others are having trouble also and their troubles started today
also.

Mayhem

I'm using the latest FireFox 16.0.2

Since your only using v3.6.8, it's probably why your having so many issues  tongue.gif
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

playerkane

Just my two cents worth but maybe installing the xp service pack 3 would help.

snap20

Quote from: playerkane on November 16, 2012, 02:09:50 PM
Just my two cents worth but maybe installing the xp service pack 3 would help.

I have SP3 installed (and Firefox 16.0.2) and get the java errors. But really no one should be using SP2 anymore.

smee, you should update to SP3 and use the latest version of Firefox, which you are way behind on. For the security updates alone.

smee

Thanks everyone, got the issue resolved.
Updated everything and am now back using FF.

I certainly appreciate all the help.

Squid

I'm impressed!  Everyone is so knowledgeable about it all.  I'm happy Smee was able to get the needed help and am grateful for such a great and smart bunch of  Pogocheats friends.  xoxoxox   blowkisses.gif

MsMissy

Im also happy that some of the ppl. in here has helped smee, as im not computer savy myself.  cheerleading.gif

gran2x2

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview