PlayBuddy
September 20, 2024, 12:02:46 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

End of an Era..Bye-Bye Twinkies

Started by gran2x2,

Previous topic - Next topic

gran2x2

6_6.gif   Hostess Bakery closes down forever and is out of business...Another piece of my childhood has died... crying10.gif

We are sorry to announce that Hostess Brands, Inc. has been forced to shut down all operations and sell all company assets due to the Bakers Union strike. For more information, go to www.hostessbrands.info. Thank you to our fans for all your loyalty and support over the years.

Mayhem

I'm not big on sweets ... but I did have these a few times (many years ago) and they were pretty good!

P.S. I couldn't find a bigger picture  undecided.gif
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

gran2x2

I bet almost every person over 50 grew up eating pb+j on wonder bread....it was a daily staple for us ........

My fave is.....

Yoming 2

CindyLouWho

I never cared for the twinkies but liked the other stuff.   Squid they probably will start making em somewhere else, if so I won't buy em.   blink.gif

snap20

Most of the products you can get under different names by different companies. That said, they never taste the same with Twinkies. Too bad...

Joe C

hockey39.gif canadian1.gif canadian2.gif

Canada is still making Twinkies and the rest of the Hostess products!

Only in America can vulture capitalists and unions work together to make us sad.
girls18.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

mycatownsme

Gee, maybe I should go to Canada and fill up the car and bring some back.
I think those things last forever!
Lin  giggle2.gif

Mayhem

Quote from: Joe C on November 19, 2012, 07:32:02 AM
hockey39.gif canadian1.gif canadian2.gif

Canada is still making Twinkies and the rest of the Hostess products!

I can confirm that the grocery stores here have full stock of the Hostess products. Maybe I should start selling them at inflated prices ... like this guy on ebay!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-NEW-BOX-OF-10-HOSTESS-TWINKIES-GOLDEN-SPONGE-CAKE-WITH-CREAMY-FILLING-NIB-/360517529937?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53f084f151
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

Wow, sell  a couple of boxes and head to the Meditteranean for an extended vacation!    vacation63.gif vacation57.gif vacation8.gif vacation4.gif diving.gif

MsMissy

Aww Crazyman, those are such cute pictures & yes some of my child hood days & teen days are gonna be gone. I liked any of Hostess products, its so sad as they have been around longer then me.  I seen on ebay where someone is selling them.  6_6.gif

C~M

Quote from: MsMissy on November 22, 2012, 06:32:37 AM
Aww Crazyman, those are such cute pictures & yes some of my child hood days & teen days are gonna be gone. I liked any of Hostess products, its so sad as they have been around longer then me.  I seen on ebay where someone is selling them6_6.gif

Yep, I have a pic in there, starting bid for just one (1) is $5,000.00[/size]

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview