Bejeweled Stars : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Score 60000 points this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Please say a puppy prayer

Started by Squid,

Previous topic - Next topic

Squid

My lovely little shih-tzu boy woke up the other day with a fully paralyzed right hind leg and a partially paralyzed left hind leg.  The vet doesn't know what's causing it and all tests so far are negative.  He has gotten a bit better in the last two days so I am hopeful.  I would love my PC friends to keep Jere (Jerry) in their prayers/thoughts/good vibrations, if possible.  Thank you.

snowflower

embrace.gif Awww you've got it Squiddy hunny ... keep us posted on his progress plez?  love33.gif

hotpinklovesofa

I'm so sorry. I hope it's temporary and some rest will fix him right up.  My dog hurt himself so bad he could barely move for several days and never without wincing in pain but he got better.  They weren't able to find anything either so they assumed he must have jumped off the couch or some place and hurt his back.  It's been several years and he's been fine since recovering. I really hope it's temporary for your boy.  Just give him lots of love and keep him safe, and we'll be sending our love too.

Sue

Of course he will have my thoughts and prayers. Hope he gets better soon.

harley89

Squid

Thanks very much e1.  He's a bit better.  He's on steroids and pain killers.  The left leg is almost normal, the right is better but some lower muscle groups are still not getting neuro signals.  You should see me taking him outside for potty... I'm carrying him from tree to tree.  LOL

Going to the vet this afternoon. 

xoxoxoxo

gran2x2

We had a Dane puppy who went through a similar spell...seems Danes bones grow faster than the muscles and it like cripples them in pain..After 2 weeks of meds etc she woke up one morning perfectly normal...Never give up hope...

MsMissy

aww Squid, i sure hope Jerry gets well soon. Im so sorry to hear about him not being well & I have said a Prayer for him..

hotpinklovesofa

Let us know how he's doing tomorrow. I hope his recovery is quick and painless and he's back to normal as soon as possible.  Maybe even by morning.  dog87.gif

Homer

I hope your furry friend gets better. I'm a cat person myself and I know we all treat our pets just like children and it can be a very emotional time when they get sick.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Squid

Thanks so much.  The vet is very impressed with how much better he is today vs. last Friday.  The vet thinks it will take about 6-8 weeks but believes the pooch will make a full (or nearly full) recovery.  I'm so happy with this news.  The dog is such a well behaved little guy... he deserves the best, as do all our little  furry friends.  Thanks for the good thoughts, friends, it means the world to me.  xoxoxox

harley89

Great news.   It is tough when they get sick cause they cannot tell you what is wrong or what happened.   I love the taking him from tree to tree everyone of us would do the same.   Well I would probably put the brat dog in a wheelbarrow.  I could not carry him from tree to tree.  And Homer I have 4 cats and my dog lives in peace with all 4. He even plays with the big male cat. They can get rowdy with each other but they have never hurt each other.

Squid

Thanks so much.  You should see the little guy this morning.  He's on his back, on my couch, and is writhing back and forth.  He's saying, "Life doesn't get better than this".   Unless he's at a full trot or trying to take the stairs, you'd never know this dog had a problem. 

harley89

Amazing how it can turn and you are left wondering what the problem is.  I often watch Zack and think I should be a dog  life is so simple and everything is fun

MsMissy

aww, Squid, that is such good news. Im so happy to hear that Jerry is doing so well. He is such a cutie .       tumbsup.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview