PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 08:36:14 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Java (again)

Started by hotpinklovesofa,

Previous topic - Next topic

hotpinklovesofa

Is anyone getting requests to update Java again and again?  I think I've uninstalled and reinstalled at least 4-5 times in less than two weeks. Again today I was told that I had to upgrade to Java 7 Version 10 which I thought I had already updated to long ago.  Of course none of the games are loading on any of the browsers.   Is this Java or Pogo being an ass.gif?

AustinBennett

Haven't had to update mine in perhaps 2 months or more. I never do unless the games quit loading because of all the history of folks having issues downloading it.

gran2x2

I am still using 6/35 and have no issues at all in Pogo..If it aint broke I refuse to mess with it.. giggle2.gif

C~M

Hey Pink, if you're using Chrome Browser like me then you need to goto the Flash Control Panel (Their Site) and delete all files and then goto Chrome's settings>advanced>clear browsing data and have it clean everything since the beginning of time.

It happens to me alot as well and that fixes it for me.

I hope this helps.

hotpinklovesofa

No, I deleted chrome a long time ago b/c I just hated it and only used it for pogo and when it started having problems I didn't see the point.  Last night my issues were with IE and Firefox.  I just feel like I go and update to 10 but somehow I'm kicked back to 9 while I'm off doing something else. There's just something that's majorly off in the updating process.  It finally started working after the second install but it's just so annoying having to deal with this on such a regular basis. I already work mostly off of the UK site so that my games load at least 95% of the time.

MsMissy

I also am using 6 in java, but it still pops up everyday wanting me too update. I dont want to mess with it as long as it is still playing my games for me.

disneyland lady

The last 3 days when I go to AOL browser several times a day to read my mail I get an update Adobe Flash box (not java). Finally I saw something that said "more options" and clicked on that and was able to click on IGNORE THESE UPDATE MESSAGES and they stopped! I think there is a way to do this on Java too but not sure of where it is on the browsers you use cuz I use Chrome. I also am using the older version of Java cuz of Pogo issues.

C~M

Quote from: hotpinklovesofa on December 21, 2012, 04:55:37 AM
No, I deleted chrome a long time ago b/c I just hated it and only used it for pogo and when it started having problems I didn't see the point.

This should still work for any browser as the Flash Player Control Panel is for your computer Flash, not a particular browser.

Here is the link to take you there
:
www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html

Also, it is always a good idea to delete all of your browser history, temp files, and jave files.

hotpinklovesofa

Thanks but I always use secure browsing across all my systems, including my phone, and I don't need reminders to perform general maintenance b/c I'm always on it like white on rice.  It's more than obvious that this is a Pogo problem given that I don't have issues elsewhere using the same software.  It's not even worth bellyaching about anymore because it's on Pogo and they will work on it at their own pace regardless of user experience.  In other words, it'll keep sucking and Pogo won't care or do anything about it to permanently fix the glitches. *Kanye shrug*

I can't go back to Java 6 b/c I need the latest software for part of my job.  Also, people should keep in mind that Java 6 won't be supported anymore come February which is another reason to update soon.

C~M

Wow, I'm sorry for trying to help you, it won't happen again!

hotpinklovesofa

Falcon!

You were being rude to what he posted, he was only trying to help

hotpinklovesofa

I most certainly didn't mean to be rude. I did say thank you and explained why I now believe it's exclusively a Pogo not a user problem.  Whatever.

Squid

Quote from: hotpinklovesofa on December 23, 2012, 04:29:56 PM
I most certainly didn't mean to be rude. I did say thank you and explained why I now believe it's exclusively a Pogo not a user problem.  Whatever.

Sometimes I, too, am guilty of it but the way we state things in the written word can definitely have a bad tone to it, even if it were not intended.  I've been there myself.  It's no big deal but recognizing it is a start.

S1lent

Greetings,
Is AOL still around?

Several years ago, I had bad experiences with AOL I.  I was happy to drop them

Good luck
S1lent

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview