PlayBuddy
July 13, 2024, 05:23:57 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Tri-Peaks Solitaire HD : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Garden Blast : Use 80 disco balls or disco ball power up combos this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

QuiBids

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

Has anyone used this QuiBids auction site?

Just curious what experiences you may have had. Somehow I don't trust them. undecided.gif

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

roadwarrior

don't use em.  The site sounds way to good to be true.  I don't trust em either
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

snap20

Basically they make tons of money off people, so they make grips of money no matter what they sell it for. For instance, in the recently completed auctions, it shows that a $50 Home Depot gift card went for $2.32. At .60 per bid, and 232 bids, the money they bring is $139.20. So they made a profit of 89.20 on that one item. Let's say you made 10 bids, but didn't win it. So you paid $6 for absolutely nothing.

I've seen people say it's extremely difficult to hit the winning bid without spending a lot of money, also considering there is their "bid o matic" which will place bids for you automatically (yet on the site, they say bots are forbidden). LOL

So really, there is no scam involved, just most people don't do the math.

Mayhem

I just looked them up on BBB.org ...

1123 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 423 closed in last 12 months

Advertising / Sales Issues : 392
Billing / Collection Issues : 234
Delivery Issues : 135
Guarantee / Warranty Issues : 15
Problems with Product / Service : 347

Total Closed Complaints : 1123
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Homer

Quote from: snap20 on January 01, 2013, 02:13:40 PM
Basically they make tons of money off people, so they make grips of money no matter what they sell it for. For instance, in the recently completed auctions, it shows that a $50 Home Depot gift card went for $2.32. At .60 per bid, and 232 bids, the money they bring is $139.20. So they made a profit of 89.20 on that one item. Let's say you made 10 bids, but didn't win it. So you paid $6 for absolutely nothing.

I've seen people say it's extremely difficult to hit the winning bid without spending a lot of money, also considering there is their "bid o matic" which will place bids for you automatically (yet on the site, they say bots are forbidden). LOL

So really, there is no scam involved, just most people don't do the math.

I understand the concept. Probably won't try it. Was just wondering if anyone had any success

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview