PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 03:51:01 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

FaceBook

Started by S1lent,

Previous topic - Next topic

S1lent

Greetings,
Is there any benefit from getting a FaceBook account.

Is it mainly for the younger generation?

I've heard so many negatives.

Any friends I have are always looking for help, money or favors.

Thanks
S1lent

gigi

I have facebook and almost never use it unless I get a notification that someone in my family posted a picture.  Other than that it is just another community either agreeing or disagreeing with each other.  However, I did just find out that some of the other games I play on IPad and my phone have the option to log in through facebook.... this saves me having to get another password.  Other than that I personally don't need to build farms or feed animals or listen to political views lol

Skylar

Hi Silent,   hi11.gif I have a facebook account and use it everyday, it can be fun finding old friends that you went to school with and interact with them now. I graduated in 1971 and have found old classmates living around the country, and one living in Australia. The town I went to high school in has a facebook page and it is fun remembering events with others regarding town history and such and I have my facebook linked with pogo. Also you can have updates about news and weather. I have local tv stations and NOAA weather on my account. you can always delete your account if your not happy and it is free.  Al

harley89

I use it to keep up with family scattered across the country and friends.  My Mother is 81 and last year I set her up a facebook page and she loves it. She only makes comments but she loves reading what her loved ones all over are doing and seeing pictures.  You get to decide who your friends are.  You can excluded anyone you want including family. 

gran2x2

I love my FB...It is so nice to keep up with friends and family who live out of state. Pictures and little notes from them are so great to get. I use the live chat a lot for my grandson to talk to. FB is what you make it. You get to decide who you want to be in touch with and who can see your page. I use my account off and on every day.

hotpinklovesofa

I strongly believe that Facebook is the devil but if the convenience of having a single login for multiple sites is something that really attracts you then you can sign up for that purpose only and not partake in any of the profile building, friending, etc.  No one ever needs to know that you even have a user, just sign up using an alternate email that no one knows about. If you do decide to sign up, whether if it's for the single login aspects or to participate fully, just be very very careful with your security settings.

Squid

I like the connection with friends and family (family really doesn't use it) but other people use it the site for their own political gain (knock the latest politician, their position on gun control, etc.)  It has gotten very unpleasant for me and I've been UNfriending like crazy.  I go there about 2-3 times a week to catch up with people I DO care about.

ozcar

Unless they changed it, I heard it was hard, if not impossible to delete your FB account.

S1lent

Greetings,
Thanks for all the comments.

Guess I'll give it a try.

Should I use my main email address or make up a secondary one?

S1lent

gran2x2

Squid

DEFINITELY use a junk email for it, as Gran said.  I do the same.  I got the one and only virus I've ever had from FB.  DO NOT indiscriminantly click on links.  It cost me $150.00 to clean a devil of a virus out of my laptop.  Not fun. 

Maddymad

I have several accounts on facebook cause I'm a bingo addict!  Love, love playing the game on there!  You have to be very careful as to who you add and who add's you.  I have spent at least 40 hours plus cleaning out my accounts of hackers!  Facebook is full of them and I wasn't savvy as to how to protect my account as I am now.  I know it sounds horrible but like I said, I love that bingo game on there and for me it's worth it.  Sorry to say but I hardly ever use my Pogo account anymore. Good thing I don't pay into Pogo and have 10 more years left on it.

CindyLouWho

I love FB!  I keep in touch with close & distant family members, friends.  I have found long lost family & old school mates that I haven't talked to in years, a few since grade school even!  Even my 80 yr old Mom uses FB!  I play a few games but not many. Just have to be careful on who u add.  girl5.gif

harley89

Fb has its drawbacks and that comes from confusing security settings.  it is important that you change them from public which anyone can see to just friends and family.  Also make sure any pics you post are kept private.  One thing you should know is I never use FB connect anywhere.  Another little know fact is FB can follow you after you leave and track where you go. There is  extension for chrome that will end that.  I also never like any commerical product cause it will pop up all over the place that you like it. So it is the devil but keeping up with people I care about is worth the issues.  I do not post a lot  but I have family from the West coast to the East coast and I love seeing the pics and keeping up with what is happening in their lives.   And yes I am with Squid I have gotten rid of a few folks most of them family( I have a very disfunctional family we make the Simpsons look normal)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview