PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 04:15:27 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

java updates

Started by Mistyeyed,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mistyeyed

i have been having trouble playing canasta on pogo,it lets me sit at a table but no robot shows up,it says i need to update my java..when they had all that hacking problem with java going on a couple months ago,i removed the java 7 off my computer and put the java 6..update 38 back on instead..can someone tell me what version of java is safe to use now? thanks

Mistyeyed

the java 7 update 15 version,is that a safe program to run?

Squid

I have not had any problems with 7-15 until I tried Spades yesterday.  I would have stayed with my 6-38 but I was forced to update.  I haven't played Canasta in a long time.  I don't know how well 7-15 does in that game.

gigi

I just tried to play canasta with my java 1.7.0_13 and it played fine on IE. 
I don't know if everyone is doing this, but I have 4 browsers that I use to play pogo games.  If one doesn't work, I try another.  So far one of the 4 will eventually allow me to play.
german.gif

Yoming 2

Also try going to the UK side.  I have found that if I have too many problems I just switch and it lets me play just fine.

Mayhem

Make sure to check that only one version of Java is installed.

XP / Vista --> Control Panel / Add & Remove Programs

Win 7 / 8 --> Control Panel / Programs and Features

If multiple versions of Java is showing, you will need to uninstall them and reboot your computer.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

playerkane

I just played a game of Canasta and I'm running Java 7 update 15. It worked fine for me, I'm on IE 8. I don't know if this makes a difference or not but over the weekend, I also had a "Flash Player" update. My pc was acting weird before that update. And yes, I only have the one version of Java on my pc.

Good Luck Everyone.

Mistyeyed

i just installed the java 7, v17...does anyone have any trouble with this one yet?

snap20

I guess they just skipped 16. lol. Haven't tried 17 yet, but will later tonight.

playerkane

Updated to Java 7 17, no major problems yet. I waiting for it though. giggle2.gif

Played a game of Canasta, it was a bit mess up at first but started to cooperate after I closed it out and came back in.  cheerleading.gif

snap20

Used 17 last night and had no issue. I'm sure it'll take a day or two for someone to find an exploit in it though, and it'll be hit and miss on whether it works until 18 is released. Absolutely hate Java.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview