PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 06:52:43 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Java 7 update 17

Started by Ronniey,

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronniey

I downloaded the new update today, and I am back to where I was a few weeks ago when Java had the security breach. I cannot load many games, and Pogo keeps looking for Java on some games, even though I do have it loaded. ( I have even re-installed it 3 times now) I would not upgrade to update 17 yet if you have not already done so, and see if you can keep playing... Does anyone have any ideas what to do now?

gran2x2

Ronniey

I had already removed the previous version (7 update 15) before I installed the new version. I did the restore, but the older version did not comeback, and I cannot find it to re-download it..

Mistyeyed

im using the 17 version and so far everything is working fine..

Yoming 2

I was very frustrated last night when I couldn't play any games because of the stupid update notice.  So I done all the things I normally do---uninstall, install, restart, then play.  It didn't happen.   swear2.gif

I actually tried 3 times and finally everything worked.  I don't know why ( I was getting ready to give up and wait til today ),,,,,but  bubblegum.gif    everything was okey dokey.  So far no problems   cheerleading.gif   

I think it was just typical Pogo having another screwed up update and wasn't quite ready.   Wait 10 days and it will probably happen again.  sad.gif      embarrassed.gif

disneyland lady

You can find older versions of Java at this site. I have used it several times with no problems.

http://www.oldapps.com/java.php

snowflower

Quote from: Yoming 2 on March 11, 2013, 09:34:47 AM
I was very frustrated last night when I couldn't play any games because of the stupid update notice.  So I done all the things I normally do---uninstall, install, restart, then play.  It didn't happen.   swear2.gif

I actually tried 3 times and finally everything worked.  I don't know why ( I was getting ready to give up and wait til today ),,,,,but  bubblegum.gif    everything was okey dokey.  So far no problems   cheerleading.gif   

I think it was just typical Pogo having another screwed up update and wasn't quite ready.   Wait 10 days and it will probably happen again.  sad.gif      embarrassed.gif

huh.gif
Been there, done that ... argued with Club Pogo for three hours .. uninstalling, reinstalling, restarting .. etc. What worked for me?
Went to bed with a good book .. next day everything in Pogo was working like nothing had happened.

topsecret.gif

Get yourself a good book ... I still use mine now and then.

snap20

Pogo always blames the user. The problem? Java just plain sucks.

C~M

Quote from: snap20 on March 11, 2013, 04:40:47 PM
Pogo always blames the user. The problem? Java just plain sucks.

Actually, Pogo just sux!!!

Yoming 2

Lots of people having trouble with Java......

this was found in the Pogo forum

Pogo is working with Oracle to fix the problems. Remember Pogo cannot fix Java, only Oracle can.

snap20

For the record, I'm using 17 with Firefox and having no issues (for now).

Make sure you only have one instance of Java installed in your "Add/Remove Programs". If you have Java FX there, remove it.

Ronniey

Today it is working fine.... So I guess just reading a book for a day is the way to fix it, or watch CNN and see who the new Pope will be. Maybe he will be a pogo player too... fan2.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview