Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Canasta and Pinochle Problems

Started by mtndewlover342,

Previous topic - Next topic

mtndewlover342

Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with Canasta and Pinochle.  With Canasta, after I finish (or my auto finishes) a game, the popup that comes up "play again" never comes up.  It just sits there frozen  winter31.gif.  Have to get out and come back in, therefore losing my progress.  This happens on all three browsers I try (Chrome, IE 9, Sea Monkey).  

So I decided to try Pinochle.  Same thing happening it just freezes. weather38.gif, no pop up to start new game and I have to go out and come back in.  

Anyone else have this problem?  Really frustrating as I'm trying to rank out my second screen name and I'm stuck with these two!

~Kathy~
~Mtndewlover~

harley89

Both of those games are Java. Try clearing out Java.  click control panel look for Java click then click settings and clear files.

Joe C

Quote from: mtndewlover342 on March 29, 2013, 04:59:50 AM
Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with Canasta and Pinochle.  With Canasta, after I finish (or my auto finishes) a game, the popup that comes up "play again" never comes up.  It just sits there frozen  winter31.gif.  Have to get out and come back in, therefore losing my progress.  This happens on all three browsers I try (Chrome, IE 9, Sea Monkey). 

So I decided to try Pinochle.  Same thing happening it just freezes. weather38.gif, no pop up to start new game and I have to go out and come back in. 

Anyone else have this problem?  Really frustrating as I'm trying to rank out my second screen name and I'm stuck with these two!

~Kathy~
I have also seen this, especially if I have left the computer on for more than a day and did not clear java, clear internet files and reboot.

As always, you should do the following daily or before you run a long session:
1) Close all browsers. Chrome is a preferred browser because closing it automatically cleans some temporary files.
2) Run Java Options and clear temporary files.
3) Run Internet Options and clear temporary files. Do not clear cookies if you want Pogo to remember your password/passwords.
4) Empty recycle bin
5) Reboot the computer

You should so the following once per week
1) Run a complete virus scan with the anti-virus software of your choice. I currently use IO Bit.
2) Turn off your computer and leave it off for at least 30 minutes
3) Run scan disk and follow any suggestions to clear files
4) Run disk defragmenter
5) Install any updates to Windows/Java as suggested by those vendors (not just because Pogo suggests it)

Some of these once per week steps I have the program schedule. Usually, I schedule them to run Monday evening, since early Tuesday morning is Pogo's maintenance window. My computer is powerful enough to do a virus check, do scan disk, defrag AND play a game like Omaha poker.
tumbsup.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

Squid

Quote from: Joe C on March 29, 2013, 07:55:05 AM
I have also seen this, especially if I have left the computer on for more than a day and did not clear java, clear internet files and reboot.

As always, you should do the following daily or before you run a long session:
1) Close all browsers. Chrome is a preferred browser because closing it automatically cleans some temporary files.
2) Run Java Options and clear temporary files.
3) Run Internet Options and clear temporary files. Do not clear cookies if you want Pogo to remember your password/passwords.
4) Empty recycle bin
5) Reboot the computer

You should so the following once per week
1) Run a complete virus scan with the anti-virus software of your choice. I currently use IO Bit.
2) Turn off your computer and leave it off for at least 30 minutes
3) Run scan disk and follow any suggestions to clear files
4) Run disk defragmenter
5) Install any updates to Windows/Java as suggested by those vendors (not just because Pogo suggests it)

Some of these once per week steps I have the program schedule. Usually, I schedule them to run Monday evening, since early Tuesday morning is Pogo's maintenance window. My computer is powerful enough to do a virus check, do scan disk, defrag AND play a game like Omaha poker.
tumbsup.gif

I'm exhausted just reading it.     asleep.gif

tumbsup.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview