PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 06:49:20 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Java Version 7 Update 21

Started by S1lent,

Previous topic - Next topic

S1lent

Greetings,
Ever since I installed this latest version, I've been getting pop-ups with "Block" or "Un-Block".  I've tried both of them...but they still keep coming back.  Not really sure if it is from JAVA.  I've tried the VP Minimizer.  No help.  Darn...I do not want to go back to an older version of JAVA. 

Any thoughts?

Block?
Un-Block?

Maybe just drink wine?

S1lent

Squid

Definitely DO NOT BLOCK.  I did a bit of reading on it and blocking may permanently block needed code or something that is needed to play a game.  Several of us are getting these messages and nothing so far has worked.  Even turning off the Java security when in pogo hasn't helped.  I think we have to wait for another update.

Going to a previous version is not an alternative for me.  If I play on an earlier version, I get told by Pogo that I cannot play unless I update - no choice (paraphrasing).

UGH!

Yoming 2

A thread under " Java Permissions " has lots of complaints and info.....lots of us are having problems with this little snafu... swear2.gif

Sue

UNDER LETTERS TO THE EDITORS THIS IS LISTED.

Editor: Ah Java did another update again! CURSES! I wish we could say we had a say in what Oracle does with Java, but alas, they don't consult us, so we're left figuring it out the same way everyone else must.

I checked in with our Java expert, Pogo_Bret, and here is his response:

The latest version of Java has enhanced security settings.  Due to how Pogo games are coded, part of the code is "Signed" and the other part of the code is "unsigned".  We are working with Oracle (The makers of Java) to have our entire games site considered "signed", however, in the meantime, in order to play your Pogo games, please click "Don't Block" when you see these popup messages while on Pogo.

Yoming 2

"  in order to play your Pogo games, please click "Don't Block" when you see these popup messages while on Pogo."

I think most of us have that part already figured out........      lipsrsealed.gif           hysterical.gif

Yoming 2

I found this in the pogo news section....tried it and by golly wolly it worked.     cheesy.gif

RE: Security Alert Causing Issues
After downloading the lastest Java update, I resolved the problem of having that annoying "block/don't block" screen from popping up by doing the following. Hope this will help others. Begin by going to your start menu and clicking on Control Panel. Then go to JAVA in your control panel screen. When the Java screen comes up, click on the tab marked ADVANCED. Scroll down to heading titled MIXED CODE. Finish by clicking on the command box that says "ENABLE-HIDE WARNING AND RUN W/ PROTECTIONS." Be sure to then click on, APPLY. Exit the screen and control panel, and that should keep the annoying command screen from constantly popping up. Good Luck!!

snap20

I'm still using 17 and haven't had an issue with not being able to play (yet). I did get a notice that I needed to update Java, but waited about 5 seconds and the game started anyway. lol.

Squid

Quote from: Yoming 2 on April 24, 2013, 09:23:06 PM
After downloading the lastest Java update, I resolved the problem of having that annoying "block/don't block" screen from popping up by doing the following. Hope this will help others. Begin by going to your start menu and clicking on Control Panel. Then go to JAVA in your control panel screen. When the Java screen comes up, click on the tab marked ADVANCED. Scroll down to heading titled MIXED CODE. Finish by clicking on the command box that says "ENABLE-HIDE WARNING AND RUN W/ PROTECTIONS." Be sure to then click on, APPLY. Exit the screen and control panel, and that should keep the annoying command screen from constantly popping up. Good Luck!!
I just made this change; I'm givin' it a shot.

S1lent

Greetings,
I'm giving it 4 shots. 

Thanks for the info.  It was driving me crazy... but it was a short trip.

S1lent

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview