PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 04:07:38 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogo worries about cheating..?

Started by snowflower,

Previous topic - Next topic

snowflower

Seen this under Ms. Netiquette ... kinda interesting   huh.gif

Dear Ms.Netiquette,

I am very  unhappy  with  the cheating that goes on in many games. Dominoes is the worst!! I looked up  Pogo cheat programs and there are a few. I was shocked because when I was told this  I did not believe it, until I played dominoes... It is real and it is happening...

Regards,

A Devoted Pogo Player

Dear Devoted Pogo Player,

Yes, indeed, it is happening, and has happened since we launched Pogo in 1999.

Cheating does happen, and unfortunately, there's little within reason that we can do about it. It's a bit like life – there are people who cheat their way through and never get caught. Could they be stopped? Yes, but it would require all sorts of limitations to the vast majority of non-cheaters. Same thing on Pogo. We could, if we hired enough people, reduce the amount of cheating that goes on. But the cost would be so high that we'd end up eliminating cheating only by going out of business.

Thus, we accept that there are cheaters, and we do what we can to reduce their impact on the rest of us. We employ some technical tricks to limit or prevent some cheating, and we audit all of our Pogo winners to ensure that we're not awarding any prizes to those who cheat.

So, you will run into cheaters from time to time (along with flirters, abusers, and other less-than-savory types), but you'll mostly run into people who want to play the game fairly. And on that note, do keep in mind that some people you might think are cheating are actually just really, really skilled players, or in many cases, just really lucky to have been dealt some really great cards.

disneyland lady

I get extra help either on games that hurt my fingers or on games that bore the heck out of me. It is all about what I would do for that badge. The person who wrote the letter could very well be cheating on a spouse, padding their taxes, shoving something into their backpack at the AM/PM and stealing their neighbors wi-fi signal. Guess cuz I use autos I am bunched with those people but, sheesh, now I know what happened to that Hall Monitor in 6th grade who would bust you for dashing to the bathroom without your Hall Pass!

BTW A few months ago my computer was running so slow and I found SEVEN of my neighbors were stealing my Wi-Fi. Gave me a new hobby. First thing I did after securing my router was print out screenprints of the screen names and posted it on my front trees saying that these neighbors were stealing my internet connection. And if anyone was not sure how to protect their router, I will help them. I got 4 people asking for help & now their computers are running smoother too. The following week we saw a lot of cable & ATT trucks installing internet around the neighborhood.

harley89

They all like to complain about us.  For the last few days I have been watching the stats on who is here.  You will find members online but the shocker is there is always over 100 guests viewing this site. Right now 116 guests.  And we all know they have joined to ask for help.  Plus Pogo knows we are their biggest money maker.  We buy all the badges we buy all the HOG episodes.  And we can never win a JP which saves them money.  Since the number of players has taken a big hit we may soon be the largest group left.  I personally have NEVER used autos to play against a real person.  I only play real people when I have no choice.  But since we have all mastered double,triple and quad browsing we do not play real people

roadwarrior

and this is a great time to remind folks of this-as harley pointed out, 100-116 guests at any given time.  Any one of  those *guests* can be the gods of pogo, looking for screen names.  NEVER EVER post your screen name in public on these boards, never.  Always do it via PM.
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

hotpinklovesofa

Well that's not fair. I only use this username to collect tokens so I can go shopping at the mini mall.  Oh well.

harley89

Quote from: hotpinklovesofa on May 07, 2013, 09:49:54 AM
Well that's not fair. I only use this username to collect tokens so I can go shopping at the mini mall.  Oh well.

Bet you run into Squid over there.  me I am not shopper in the real world or the cyber world

Squid

Squid

Quote from: harley89 on May 07, 2013, 09:58:50 AM
Bet you run into Squid over there.  me I am not shopper in the real world or the cyber world
I buy it all!  My closet overflows with the riches that only tokens can buy!  I don't use gems on any mini purchases (a couple of exceptions:  buying a gift for someone else).  I still use the glitch, though, and never spend a single token on mini purchases.  I'm a mini-mart thief and proud of it!   giggle2.gif  prisoner.gif

hotpinklovesofa

Quote from: Squid on May 07, 2013, 12:09:35 PM
  I buy it all!  My closet overflows with the riches that only tokens can buy!  I don't use gems on any mini purchases (a couple of exceptions:  buying a gift for someone else).  I still use the glitch, though, and never spend a single token on mini purchases.  I'm a mini-mart thief and proud of it!   giggle2.gif  prisoner.gif

There's a glitch?  THERE'S A GLITCH?!

Joe C

Quote from: harley89 on May 07, 2013, 05:50:20 AM
They all like to complain about us.  For the last few days I have been watching the stats on who is here.  You will find members online but the shocker is there is always over 100 guests viewing this site. Right now 116 guests.  And we all know they have joined to ask for help.  Plus Pogo knows we are their biggest money maker.  We buy all the badges we buy all the HOG episodes.  And we can never win a JP which saves them money.  Since the number of players has taken a big hit we may soon be the largest group left.  I personally have NEVER used autos to play against a real person.  I only play real people when I have no choice.  But since we have all mastered double,triple and quad browsing we do not play real people
I routinely use cheat programs to win badges in Pogo. I have been doing so for more than 10 years. I have also paid full price for every badge I could buy, with the rare exceptions for sales on current items.

We are among the people that keep the lights on in Pogo. Personally, I do not use a program to play against other people, especially not in "table" games directly against other players.

If I could, I would play in room where ONLY fellow auto program players played. I know they would not fill the screen with TY/YW/GG/WTG blah blah blah, not would they complain that I am giving too many gifts in Mahjong Safari, how did I get such a high bowling score or ensuring that the bonus is met in Boggle Bash because I submit 100 words per level. In fact, I would pay another $20/year to play only in rooms that allowed fellow auto program players.

I have won almost every badge I can and currently, I have less than five rank badges to get. They are really nasty ones, so I work on them when I feel like it. I help many people here get badges and think that is better than some joker whining to Ms Netiquette about someone joined my table. No one EVER joins my table, because I make it private.

tumbsup.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

Squid

roadwarrior

What I wish fellow pogo players would do-worry more about you than others.

Yes, I do chat.  When *I* Feel like it, on my terms. I'll pop in, join the conversation and when I get tired I move on.  I don't give a rat's @ss if you get the highest score, get 20 perfect games in a row or the hourly top score.  I care more about pleasant company and a few minutes of killing time.

The games that I can get to work for me, I just let the auto run. I hate feeling like I have to say wtg, gg, great game.  I hate having to say ty or yw when gifting or getting 100 tokens.  With 123 million tokens, I'm not going to notice someone giving me 100 tokens.  Thanks, nice gesture but not needed.  When I do play a game, I prefer locking my self alone, at a table.  That way I'm not bothering anyone, no one is going to bother me.  If I feel like chatting, I'll be at my computer screen chatting away.  If I don't, I'm not being rude.  Either I'm letting uncle auto do some work for me, I'm away from my keyboard or I just don't feel like talking to anyone.
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

hotpinklovesofa

Doesn't the computer gift tokens for you anyway? It's not like people are giving it out of the goodness of their heart to merit a thank you, it's just part of the game. I just have chat unchecked since I'm doing badges anymore and before I would just mute everyone b/c I don't care where in the game you are or about your romance being played out in frog of everyone. People are tacky.

S1lent

Greetings,
POGO could get rid of cheats.   But, it would cost them lots of money...just look at the price of GEMS.

POGO not gonna cut off their nose...no way.

S1lent

harley89

It used to be that Pogo players looked for cheaters or what they thought was a cheater.   Either I dont pay attention any more or that has died down. 

Sue

Quote from: harley89 on May 09, 2013, 04:08:47 AM
Either I dont pay attention any more or that has died down. 
Depends what game you are in. In Pogo Bowl or Boggle Bash, to name a few, they speak out about who is cheating.

Squid

Their evidence as to whom is cheating is the fact that people don't respond in chat.  There have been times when I just happen to be near the computer when someone accuses me of cheating (which, of course, I am).  It's during moments like those that I type in chat, "Maybe I just don't like to chat" or something like that.  I usually get an apology or two following that.  Then I follow up with "sometimes, people even turn off their chat".  They agree that turning off chat is possible and lack of response in chat means nothing.

It's my job to convert the non-cheating pogo world to make it safe for all us cheaters.   hysterical.gif

Yoming 2

It's my job to convert the non-cheating pogo world to make it safe for all us cheaters.   Hysterical

And I hope you get paid well................maybe in tokens??    shocked.gif         giggle2.gif          hysterical.gif     

harley89

Quote from: Yoming 2 on May 09, 2013, 07:23:23 AM
It's my job to convert the non-cheating pogo world to make it safe for all us cheaters.   Hysterical

And I hope you get paid well................maybe in tokens??    shocked.gif         giggle2.gif          hysterical.gif     
Squid next time I new a new outfit   will you come to Georgia and take me shopping? I will buy lunch

Squid

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview