PlayBuddy
July 13, 2024, 09:04:44 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Tri-Peaks Solitaire HD : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Garden Blast : Use 80 disco balls or disco ball power up combos this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

My Husband

Started by harley89,

Previous topic - Next topic

harley89

Funny how things change quickly. My daughter and I have decided to stop all treatment and place my husband in hospice care.  Not easy to make that call. But to continue to win a battle just was not the thing to do.  I will give him food and water as he wants  and let the cancer run its course.     I am sure heaven has choppers  waiting for him.  He can have another ride there.   And I just know it will be a old ironhead.

Squid

I've seen Hospice staff at work, Harley.  I think they are a breed apart from us mere mortals.  The wonderful care and comfort they provide is truly a blessing.  My heart, prayers and HUGS go out to you, your daughter, all the family and, especially, your hubby. 

Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.  ~Author Unknown

Four wheels move the body.  Two wheels move the soul.  ~Author Unknown

harley89

Thanks Squid. Funny he always called himself a snails angel.   He loved to enjoy the ride not the speed.  Most people did not know he was at one time a color wearing biker.  The real deal.  I remember one of his bosses telling him that he was glad he knew the man on that yellow chopper cause if he didnt he would have been scared to death.  He was at heart a good man. One day  working he saw a young woman and her car had broken down. he of course stop to offer assistance. She did the right thing and stayed in her car with the doors locked.  That hurt him since she seemed to think he would do her harm.  He stood by until help got there. 

Squid

If I were that woman, I would probably have hugged that bear of a man!  (((HARLEY)))

gran2x2

Prayers for his final ride and your strength to get through!!
[/b]

pammer

harley89

Squid

((((LINDA))))   I am so sorry to read of Terry's passing.  I can't imagine the heartache you must be feeling.  Please know we are all with you in spirit.  You and Terry are in my prayers and thoughts.  I bet Terry is on that Ironhead ride right now.  May he rest well, my friend.  ((((((((((LINDA)))))))))

embrace.gif

pammer

gran2x2

MsMissy

Harley, im so sorry to hear that your husband passed away& the heartaches you must be going though.  angel19.gif

Sue

So very sorry for the loss of your husband.

I will continue to pray for you and your family.

disneyland lady

A Biker Funeral

Sunday morning early comes
This sweltering summer's day;
Chrome and coffee polished off
As bike and rider wake,

And rumble off to clubhouse for
A changing of the brew;
Black vests in formation--fast
and tight--a loud tribute.

Iron horses, hundreds strong,
Come thund'ring through the gate;
Sleeping souls on notice, fallen
Biker nears his fate.

A mile of gleaming metal lines
The circle and the park;
Out of saddles, boots hit brick
And make for chapel's heart.

Members of the Club stand post,
Proud brothers in the wind;
Shaded eyes the tears disguise,
And loss they feel within.

Friends and family pay respects
To biker and his mate;
Praises made and prayers raised,
Blues legends resonate.

Final words and kisses, then
The pipes' Amazing Grace;
Souls of bike and rider seek
Eternal resting place.

Sunday morning early comes
This sweltering summer's day;
One more rider, Heaven bound,
Roars through the Pearly Gates.

--IronBolt Bruce

I found these gals in Stinkerbell's back yard:

Stinkerbell

I'm just so heartbroken, girl. I wish I could hug you, to help the hurt go away.  Please know we love you, we're here for you, and every one of us would take some of your pain on ourselves if we could.   6_6.gif 

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview