PlayBuddy
August 10, 2024, 10:17:04 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Trizzle HD : Match 1400 yellow dolls this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Safari HD : Win 20 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Solitaire Home Story : Fill the streak meter 70 times this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

My Husband

Started by harley89,

Previous topic - Next topic

harley89

1st a big thanks to Squid and Stinkerbelle you have been my life lines. One other thing I can tell you all that Stinker and her daughter make the most excellent cookies you will ever eat.  I was blessed to receive a care package of those cookies.   Now for the rest.  My husband of 42 years was told 2 1/2 months ago he has cancer.  Cancer of the brain,lung and adrenal gland.   he completed radiation to the brain several weeks ago. It worked.  Today he started chemo for the rest.  His chemo is in pill form.  Now the pill costs over $3000 /month.  The drug company is providing the drug for 1 year at no charge.   We hope to gain quality in his life for as long as possible.   We can win the battle but we will one day lose the war.  So we take each day as it comes.  As I always have and for the rest of my life. I will love him with every breathe I take 

Sue

My prayers go out to you and your husband and your entire family.

I can't imagine what you going through but I will pray for you all.

snap20

Good luck to you and him harley. Here's hoping the pill chemo works as well as the radiation did.

Squid

You know how much you mean to us all, Harley.  We are with you in spirit and prayer!  We are praying for both of you!!!

HUGS n' KISSES!!!

Yoming 2

harley89

You are all my cyber support group thank you

AustinBennett

Best wishes for you both. Keep us posted.

MsMissy

Oh Harley , im so sorry too hear about your hubby. My Prayers go out too him & you & your family .

Stinkerbell

Oh, honey!!  We'll keep sending prayers, love, good thoughts... just know that YOU ARE NOT ALONE and that all over the country, you have people on your side, cheering for you and your hubby. And I don't have to tell you this, because I know you already know, but I will anyway - God is with you both, always. ALWAYS.

Tell Terry we said do NOT GIVE UP!

Love you both, doll!!!!

snowflower

Quote from: Yoming 2 on July 24, 2013, 06:49:33 PM

Oh Harley  heart1.gif so sorry to hear your news. Guaranteed we're all praying for him .. Blessings!! And keep us all posted.

harley89

This weekend has been hard. My husband has 4 brothers and he had refused to tell them about his cancer. He finally agreed to tell them. One at a time they have come.   I have told them to come when they want to. The oldest told me he wanted to come even if he was sleeping. He would sit by his side.   The youngest lives in another state and I am hoping we get some improvement.  It is my hope to get the 5 brothers together at one time. 

Squid

(((HARLEY)))  I hope the timing is perfect, Har.  I hope all the brothers are together for a wonderful visit together!  How is your hubby feeling? 

CindyLouWho

Harley, my thoughts & prayers are with you & your husband!!   embrace.gif embrace.gif embrace.gif

harley89

Quote from: Squid on July 28, 2013, 06:54:27 AM
(((HARLEY)))  I hope the timing is perfect, Har.  I hope all the brothers are together for a wonderful visit together!  How is your hubby feeling? 

His chemo pill(AKA zombie pill) is unique to deal with.  I now give it to him around 6pm so that he can have visitors after lunch each day. 

mycatownsme

My sister in law has had cancer and fighting for the past year and a half. And so I understand what you're going through.
I will keep you both and family in prayer. i hope it is possible for the brothers to get together too.
God Bless,
Gentle Hugs, Lin  embrace.gif

disneyland lady

Harley sweetie, I send out an umbrella of healing prayer over everyone in your family. My daughter in law's seizure meds cost $600 every 2 weeks. We were handed a card while in line to get it once. The site is called FamilyWise Prescription Discount http://familywize.org/ and they were able to lower it to about a quarter of what it was. Go to the site and print out the card or call 866-810-3784. It is reusable and you do not have to give out ANY info to get it. I have a stack I keep in my wallet now and pass them out when at the pharmacy like what happened to us. I use it for all my meds even the ones covered by insurance. My allergy meds are $79 a month thru my insurance and only $14 with the discount card!

Squid

How generous of you to share that info, Dis!  I hope it's a HUGE help to you, Harley.  I tried two medications that my mother takes and it did nothing to offer a savings but clearly that is not the case with all meds if Dis saved so much.  GOOD LUCK!

harley89

Quote from: disneyland lady on July 28, 2013, 04:31:34 PM
Harley sweetie, I send out an umbrella of healing prayer over everyone in your family. My daughter in law's seizure meds cost $600 every 2 weeks. We were handed a card while in line to get it once. The site is called FamilyWise Prescription Discount http://familywize.org/ and they were able to lower it to about a quarter of what it was. Go to the site and print out the card or call 866-810-3784. It is reusable and you do not have to give out ANY info to get it. I have a stack I keep in my wallet now and pass them out when at the pharmacy like what happened to us. I use it for all my meds even the ones covered by insurance. My allergy meds are $79 a month thru my insurance and only $14 with the discount card!

Will do and thanks.

gran2x2

snowflower

More Blessings coming your way, Harley. And in our prayers always!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview