This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

is there a difference

Started by Super Duckie,

Previous topic - Next topic

Super Duckie

do you guys think there is a difference between stopping the Jackpot spinner compared to letting it run through and stopping itself....???

2TOOME

Personally Duckie, I don't think it makes a hill of beans whether you stop it yourself or let it stop on it's own.  I've watched my tokens go up before the jackpot spin stops.

Super Duckie

Homer

I think the jp spin is predetermined once you reach it. ;)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

2TOOME

zenia

DEBKARLAR

it's like the spin to win in slots ya see token amount your gonna get before it does

wordlife

it use to do that to me but i got a new computer and it dose not do that anymore

yousmellbad

Quote from: Homer on July 24, 2004, 10:54:24 AM
I think the jp spin is predetermined once you reach it. ;)

Exactly. the best way to see that is during a challenge or I noticed it in Tri peaks.

Pudding

Here's what Pogo has to say about it.

If the tokens you get from the spinner are being added before the spinner is done 'spinning', it's because there's been a delay between the time when the game pulls up the random results of the spinner, and when it actually displays the image to you for that amount inside the jackpot spinner.

When you get a Jackpot spin, the game sends a signal to the game server saying, "Give this person a Jackpot Spin". The game starts the 'spinner' animation (which is what you see) and waits for the game server to respond with the results of the random spinner. The result is just a number. 99% of the time, the game is able to show you the graphic for that amount (say, 100 tokens) and THEN add them to your total. Sometimes, however, connection lag causes those steps get reversed, and it adds the tokens BEFORE the results can be displayed where you see them.

In these cases, the results of your Jackpot Spin are still random (and they are still recorded), the results just get processed in the wrong order.

Sooo...i guess clicking on the *stop* button on the animated spinner is as usefull as using a tire iron to slice your bread....lolll

Pud

bob@pogopal

Clicking stop is useful, because it gets rid of a totally useless delay. I often see the results reported in the chat area before the spinner even appears.

Super Duckie

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview