Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Canasta is open now

Started by pspguy,

Previous topic - Next topic

zenia

woo hoo I got the 1st Canasta Badge!! it looks like the top part to a cello

Thisnamenottaken

I know everyone hates complaining... but I have to say I do NOT like this game.... its no longer a game of canasta.... there is NO point in playing the game with skill... with the badges set up the way they are its best to just draw every hand.... freeze the pile, so the bots dont go out on you and hope for red threes.... win or lose means NOTTA....

Pogo should have made the badges for amount of wins, or amount of canastas made.... this way is just insane... and playing bots... I notice they get at least 2 on the draw every hand.

zenia

Quote from: Thisnamenottaken on July 30, 2004, 05:43:53 AM
I know everyone hates complaining... but I have to say I do NOT like this game.... its no longer a game of canasta.... there is NO point in playing the game with skill... with the badges set up the way they are its best to just draw every hand.... freeze the pile, so the bots dont go out on you and hope for red threes.... win or lose means NOTTA....

Pogo should have made the badges for amount of wins, or amount of canastas made.... this way is just insane... and playing bots... I notice they get at least 2 on the draw every hand.
I agree, there is no stategy or thought involved the way pogo set it up and everytime i have near 4000 points pogo boots me from the room so i lose the few red 3's i got during the game, Funny the bots get 2 red 3's on the 1st deal every hand........

Homer

Boy they could use some more rooms for this game. >:(

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

_Milamber_

I can maybe get one game completed then it messes up and gets a uncaught error and exits :( taking for ever to get up in rank.

yousmellbad

if i can actually get a room for this game, i havent had any problems. Earlier in the week, it kept on booting me, but its been fine for me since.

miffy360

;D

Hello ev1 - I am fairly new to this site but love the game of canasta, so thought I would read through the comments u guys had listed about it. The first few pages were pretty much what I had expected about people not getting into rooms etc etc, as I had had these problems myself. So I thought I would pass on the advice I was given by a kind soul in one of the rooms. I was told to download sun java and run that on my machine - I did - and I have had no problems since.

Then I read the post about the red 3's and there not being any skill involved. I agree that pogo should have made it how many canastas u get rather than how many red 3's because then you would actually have to work for the badge. However having said that, I am sorry but I do not agree with there not being any skill involved, try playing a rated game if you feel ev1 is just there to take red 3's and try working on your rating.While you are concentrating on that the red 3's just fly by and you wouldn't even notice. The majority of pogo players seem to car4e more about their rating than they do about their ranks - so if you want a challenge - play a rated game.

Finally I see everyone was interested in how many red 3's u need to complete a rank. I just reached rank 45, so I can confirm that up until rank 45 you need 100 red 3's for every rank from 1 to 44. After that, geez, are you in for a shock !!!!!! Have only just picked myself up off the floor. The grand total needed to reach rank 46 is 1,500 red 3's. 1,500 !!! 1,500 !!!!! 1,500 !!!!!!!

See you all in 12 months time when I finally reach rank 46 - enjoy your canasta.

Homer

I agree with you. The badges should have been based on the number of canastas. At first I did not like this game because i did not understand it but after a couple days practice I am totally into it now. :)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview