PlayBuddy
September 20, 2024, 02:29:15 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Daylight Savings Time

Started by Yoming 2,

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoming 2

It's that time again.....Sunday Nov. 3
                                                        Clocks go bass-ackwards in the fall

snap20

Get all atomic clocks and you never have to worry about it. ;)

Thanks Yoming

Yoming 2

Quote from: snap20 on October 31, 2013, 09:26:31 PM

Thanks Yoming

Then I would have to find something else to do for an hour and not be able to  swear2.gif  a lot...... hysterical.gif

Sue

I am still trying to figure out how to change the time on my car radio.  help.gif

snap20

LMAO. It's like going to my parents house after a time change or their power goes out. I always have to reset the microwave clock.  hysterical.gif giggle2.gif

mycatownsme

Sounds like my house. Some of the clocks on the newer stuff will be ok, but I still have a couple to do.
Thanks for the reminder.  Lin  tumbsup.gif

MsMissy

Thanks for the reminder Yoming2, your picture[sure is cute. But I haven't 4gotten. LOL  tumbsup.gif/b]

ozcar

Quote from: snap20 on October 31, 2013, 09:26:31 PM

Thanks Yoming

You will still have to change it unless you're in Saskatchewan, Arizona, or elsewhere that don't observe the time change. It will just be more accurate to the second but less synchronized with everyone else.

As they say on tv shows/movies, 'Eveyone sets their watch to 9:00 ....... MARK'

snap20

You don't have to set atomic clocks, they are self setting (assuming they have a DST setting, which most do). I have two in my house, never touch them except to change the batteries. They set themselves. Perhaps I should have worded it as a radio clock, as the time is set through a radio receiver. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_clock#Time_signal_radio_transmitters

Squid

My poor dog's bladder didn't turn back an hour, too.  He woke me crying for a walk!  He's a happy boy now.

ozcar

Quote from: snap20 on November 02, 2013, 09:50:26 PM... Perhaps I should have worded it as a radio clock, as the time is set through a radio receiver. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_clock#Time_signal_radio_transmitters

K, that's a whole different thing. It says for every 186 mi away from the transmitter, you're 1 ms off. Since this radio clock synchronize with the government radio time signal, who's to say they won't screw with your head and change the time.

snap20

Squid

I think next year is the last year of the experiment for extending daylight savings time.  I hope the results are good and that they keep it like it is.  I like longer daylight hours and it's safer for trick or treaters.

Yoming 2

Quote from: gran2x2 on November 04, 2013, 03:06:08 AM

Man ain't this the truth....

Today the gov't would want you to send them half of the blanket and try to make you believe you still have ALL the blanket------either that or try to make you believe you didn't really need that blanket, but somebody else does.      lipsrsealed.gif     no-no.gif

Squid

The Indian is funny!  It's speaks the truth but I still like DST... having it be lighter later in the day is good for social lives but, more importantly, saves billions of gallons of oil, make Halloween safer for the kiddies, etc.  I think it's a good thing.  No one thinks there are more hours in the day.  It's just a shift in when we are active and when we need to start turning on our lights.  Makes sense to me.

ozcar

Quote from: Squid on November 04, 2013, 12:53:15 PM
  I think it's a good thing. 

We can go one step further and make the change permanent.  Who's to say that isn't the way it was suppose to be in the first place. If the US government keep shifting the dates it'll end up that way.  Yes, the dates change was made by Bush.  Keep one eye on your radio clock snap, if the time seems weird .........   

MsMissy

I also like DLS time, it is lighter in the mornings, but gets dark by 5am . Squid  posted the right reasons, a lot of them. OK I put my 2cents in. LOL   hi11.gif

gran2x2

I like more light at the end of the day..Let the darkness be when we are all trying to sleep in....lol

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview