PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 08:53:52 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

THIS IS INSANE..SOME ADULTS HAVE GONE NUTS!!!

Started by gran2x2,

Previous topic - Next topic

harley89

This is one area I struggle with what is right.  We all know this little boy did nothing wrong.  School systems make rules and apply them system wide.  Those rules are absolute no exceptions.  The rule meant to protect the Middle School or High School student becomes stupid when applied to the elementary student.   It just seems that applying the rule system wide is the problem.  You have 3 different levels of development. Time all those highly educated people came to terms with that.  When it comes to weapons the rules must be absolute no exceptions but a 6 year old kissing someone is vastly different from it happening in Middle School or High School.  I call it Common Sense.  I really doubt this child even knows what sexual harassment  is

gran2x2

The really bad thing is ..this is now a permanent part of his school records and will affect his getting in to a college someday...

roadwarrior

what a far better conservation with the two kids-well, the whole class- would have been is telling them they have the ability to say "no, I don't like that kind of touching/kissing.  Please stop."  And knowing no means no.  When kissing/hand holding is okay/not okay.  What kind of touching is not okay/what is okay among class mates.

Right now we don't even know if the girl was okay with the kiss.

I find the whole 6 yr old boy kisses fellow 6 year old girl on cheek rather cute.

The whole zero tolerance bull crap needs to stop.  There's a lot easier ways to handle stuff at that age.

Now if he was 10 and knowingly brought crack to school to sell then yes kick his little arse to the curb.  But in this case it could have been handled totally different.
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

gran2x2

What is so stupid is...If he is an average boy..in a year he will be hating girls and want nothing to do with silly little girls..My daughter says by these standards..she is sexually harassed by kids every day. She is a  mental health counselor and her kids hug her every day or pull her ponytail or hold her hand...Should she also yell sexual harassment and get the kids in trouble???  When hell freezes over... giggle2.gif

mycatownsme

No common sense anymore. It's no wonder we are forced to deal with crap that should be a lot easier to handle and make a difference for a lot of kids futures. I don't agree with this at all.  rolleyes.gif

Yoming 2

snowflower

rolleyes.gif Sheesh, it must be SO hard for those with kids in school today .. in some cases ~ in this world today!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview