PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 03:16:38 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Need a good news site

Started by Squid,

Previous topic - Next topic

Squid

I like to have a good news site as my homepage for IE.  I did have msnbc but they have changed their site completely recently and it's awful.  I have tried CNN but it just seems to be a tabloid site, which is really irritating.  I want a solid news site.  Any suggestions?  I tried the BBC once long ago and I can't remember why I didn't like it.  

I want world news with a concentration on the U.S.   Will consider all suggestions.  TYVM

snap20

I use Al Jazeera America as my main one. I disliked CNN too because of the tabloid garbage. AJA seems to be more down the middle with it's coverage and really never covers the "tabloid" garbage, so no finding out about the latest "reality" show or cat video.

http://america.aljazeera.com/

disneyland lady

I use the same one that snap does but now I am scared cuz I just noticed that snap has 666 posts. I am now considering changing my news source to http://www.theonion.com/

snap20

Squid

Muahahahahaha, it's all part of my master plan!   diablo.gif diablo.gif diablo.gif

disneyland lady

Quote from: Squid on February 11, 2014, 03:14:05 AM
Muahahahahaha, it's all part of my master plan!   diablo.gif diablo.gif diablo.gif

Was it part of your plan to make us think somewhere there was a website about good news?

Yoming 2

Not everybody's cup of tea, but I always go to Newsmax for my " news of the day "

Squid

Thanks so much for the suggestions - they are all good choices.  I like what they have to offer by way of stories, etc. but I guess I'm looking for a solid news site that is arranged the way I like.  When the homepage came up on the msnbc site, there were lists of all the ongoing stories and I could have myself a click fest.  The other sites are giving too much space to useless photos and layout, making me scroll and hunt for the stories.  I guess I was just spoiled having it all right under my nose from the get-go.  Thanks, everyone, I appreciate the input.  xoxoxo

Mistyeyed

Quote from: snap20 on February 10, 2014, 03:44:36 PM
I use Al Jazeera America as my main one. I disliked CNN too because of the tabloid garbage. AJA seems to be more down the middle with it's coverage and really never covers the "tabloid" garbage, so no finding out about the latest "reality" show or cat video.

http://america.aljazeera.com/

the name alone would turn me off of this site..

snap20

Squid: why not use https://news.google.com/ then? You can customize what sources you want to see and even adjust the frequency of topics (I think you need a Gmail login for this, not sure since I have one and I'm always logged in). Worth a look anyway.

Quote from: Mistyeyed on February 11, 2014, 01:49:43 PM

the name alone would turn me off of this site..

Because it's an Arabic sounding name? It shouldn't. Al Jazeera is widely recognized as one of the best and most respected world wide news organizations.

ozcar

Quote from: snap20 on February 10, 2014, 08:29:14 PM
I'm glad my 666th post was in a Squid topic.   tumbsup.gif

Squid can bring out the devil in anyone.

ozcar

Quote from: Squid on February 11, 2014, 04:51:40 PM
  devil1.gif

ALL HAIL QUEEN DEVIL SQUID!!! 

devil11.gif

(can't find the bowing emote, you must have a special set cuz I don't see the emotes you used)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview