PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 03:21:38 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Target.com Security Breach Update

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Due to the security breach that happened last year (Nov. 27 and Dec. 15 - up to 70 million individuals had their credit card information stolen from their systems), you can receive a Free 1 Year Credit Monitoring & Identity Theft Protection from Target.

http://creditmonitoring.target.com/

After filling out the form, you will get an email within 1 to 5 days with a unique activation code which will be used to setup the monitoring services.

You must request your activation code before April 23, 2014 and register for the offer before April 30, 2014.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Sue

My very best friend was one of the victims of this.

I will have to give her this info.

roadwarrior

I am not affected by this breach.  I have not shopped at target in about 10 years-online or in store.  Only because the nearest one to me is about 60 miles one way.

Anyway, despite this I was able to sign up.  So were a couple other people I know of who are not affected by this.  SSSOOO.....go sign up while you can for this.
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

Squid

roadwarrior

nope.  I'm signed up.  Signed sealed and delivered.  Not a target customer yet I was able to access it.  Just follow the sign up instructions.  Didn't even ask for a credit/debit card.
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

disneyland lady

I am a Target RedCard user that directly takes payment out of my checking account while giving me a 5% discount. And I had used it during the time period that they were hacked to do 2 online orders as well as shopping in the store so I was really scared about my account. I first changed PIN numbers at the bank and called Target and canceled my card for a new one. I have to say that I have been quite impressed by the emails sent to me even before I did anything. They have given us suggestions as to how to make our online transactions safer as well as just general safety regarding our private info. And they have kept us up to date with several emails.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview