PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 03:27:07 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

WINDOWS XP

Started by Maddymad,

Previous topic - Next topic

Maddymad

Anyone else using Windows XP other than me???   bad mood.gif

CindyLouWho

I was til couple weeks ago when my puter crashed & my son did a big upgrade on here.  I have win 7 now  (among other newer things) but I miss my win xp! 

Squid

I loved XP.  I'm reasonably happy with 7, though.  I dread taking the next step to Win 8 with all the apps.  I don't do apps.  I know nothing about apps.  I'd rather skip apps - but I think it is probably going to be a fixture in the future.  UGH

snap20

Still use it here. I don't mind 7, but current hardware can't handle an upgrade and don't have the money for it anyway. So, I guess we'll see how it goes. lol. I'm pretty safe so I'm not really concerned.

disneyland lady

I have it on one laptop and still love that laptop because I know XP inside and out. I do not mind Win 7 which is on my PC.  I have a laptop with Win 8.1 and still have problems getting to where I need to get. I hate that Win 8 will not allow you to remove IE. Windows is trying to scare everyone into spending money on an upgrade but no one is going to spend time and effort to mess with XP. The virusmakers of the world are interested in messing with those with Win 7 or higher. Not worried. Just cleaned up an XP PC and gave it to a neighbor as their first computer. I know the news is making it out to be XP-ocalypse because almost all ATMs are using XP but if the ATM does not work I can just wait till the bank opens.

snap20

I wouldn't be so sure about virus makers not worrying about XP. That's 28% of all the users in the world that are using XP still. If there are bugs discovered (and there will be) that's a whole lot of drone computers they can use (bots, zombies, whatever your preferred nomenclature is).

Good article about it here: http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/04/xpocalypse-now-windows-xp-support-has-ended/

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview