Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Photobucket stinks

Started by Yoming 2,

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoming 2

Just tried to post links and pics from Photobucket.  I have been a member of that site for about 8 years.  Had a free account.  Now they want to charge for space.  I refuse to pay $30.00  just to use their service....so will be finding another way to get my fix.   Boo to Photobucket.  I suppose all sites are doing this as Image shack just redid their service also.   swear2.gif

Squid

Grrr, all the internet freebies are going away.  In the meantime, Yoming, use the TINYPIC option here at the forum.

disneyland lady

I used to use Photobucket to host my auction pics but they could not quit playing with their site and it was affecting whether people could see my images in the auctions and I was a paying customer because of the bandwidth I used. The old addage "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" would not get into their head but after I explained why I was leaving as a paying customer they would fill my mailbox with suggestions as to why I should come back. Unfortunately almost all were that they just remodeled or added or tweaked which is NOT something you want happening in the middle of your auctions. I use Imageshack which gives you a 500 pic limit on their free acct. And I use TinyPic here in the forum since it is right here above the smilies.

Like this one from an email I get daily  from the PD showing any crimes within a mile of my house. I swear I was NOT carrying a concealed dirk. It fits on my dirk holster in plain sight.

snap20

They destroyed themselves when they changed the site last March. Worst decision they ever made. The site is basically unusable now.

I HATE change for the sake of change. Most of the time it improves nothing, only gives them an excuse to keep their "innovation" teams employed (which is usually non-tech people that only make things worse).

Sue

Quote from: snap20 on April 11, 2014, 12:31:10 PM
I HATE change for the sake of change. Most of the time it improves nothing, only gives them an excuse to keep their "innovation" teams employed.

I agree with you that I hate change when it refers to anything. Pogo does this all the time.

Yoming 2

Quote from: disneyland lady on Today at 05:44:44 am
Too many people are snagging this persons photobucket photos. This is exactly what was showing up on my auctions.

I sent them a note on Thursday telling them of the problem and no I would not pay for their service.  I got a reply wanting a screenshot of what was showing up and when I tried using their instruction link it came up as an unsecure site.
So I just sent them a picture of the picture and a not so nice note and letting them know I would not be paying for a " plus " update just so I could post 1 picture.  No upload or wanting to add to my library.  One lousy picture ain't worth $30.00.   

disneyland lady

Quote from: Yoming 2 on April 12, 2014, 06:49:48 AM

Too many people are snagging this persons photobucket photos. This is exactly what was showing up on my auctions.

I sent them a note on Thursday telling them of the problem and no I would not pay for their service.  I got a reply wanting a screenshot of what was showing up and when I tried using their instruction link it came up as an unsecure site.
So I just sent them a picture of the picture and a not so nice note and letting them know I would not be paying for a " plus " update just so I could post 1 picture.  No upload or wanting to add to my library.  One lousy picture ain't worth $30.00.   

One thing you can do but takes a bit of time to get it done is to lock all your photobucket pics so that they cannot be snagged. However I found that even my locked ones showed up if people are snagging them from tinypic (which is owned by Photobucket!).

Yoming 2

Quote from: Yoming 2 on April 12, 2014, 06:49:48 AM

Got a reply today.....giving me a new link for a screenshot.  Sent one.  Now they are telling me I probably have a virus.  The answer to that was NO !!!!     ass.gif

snap20

Sounds like pogo...

"Oh you are having a problem with our site? You probably have a virus or malware".  rolleyes.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview