PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 10:38:45 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

San Diego Wildfire....

Started by Yoming 2,

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoming 2

San Diego-area wildfire forces evacuation of more than 5,000 homes

This post is especially pointed towards Disneyland Lady.....hope you are not anywhere near this and everything will  be o.k.     tumbsup.gif

Squid

Quote from: Yoming 2 on May 13, 2014, 08:41:40 PM
San Diego-area wildfire forces evacuation of more than 5,000 homes
This post is especially pointed towards Disneyland Lady.....hope you are not anywhere near this and everything will  be o.k.     tumbsup.gif

Hear, hear!  Stay safe, Dis!

disneyland lady

Thank you for the well wishes. It was pretty bad yesterday.....THEY BROKE INTO YOUNG AND RESTLESS WITH LIVE COVERAGE.

Several big problems with the fires. It was so very close to the Helen Woodward Animal Rescue Center and while they had a pretty good phone system to call SUVs and Trucks to come get the dogs and cats. It is racing season and it is hard to get horse trailers for over 200 horses. BUT.... one of the indian reservations had a hotline to contact trailer owners after their last fires.

My issue is that I have lots of allergies and many are from the wood that is burning so my eyes are running and even inside my nice new air conditioned room I have to wear a mask. My biggest allergy is to Palm Trees - I have 12 within feet of my door! And burning palm has made me break out in blisters so I am not allowed out in public.

One neat thing I saw on the news last night was that some donkeys and horses that were taken to Del Mar Racetrack were walked down "where the surf meets the turf"  and they sniffed the water then went splashing into it. You could almost see them chuckling.

And one other thing that happened was the Emergency Alert System learned that someone had hacked their texts and what people who signed up for Emergency and Amber Alerts (me) got was this as a Header "fire in your pants".

AND.... our schools are still in session and they closed all schools because of the fires or the air quality and these kids do not understand that while it will more than likely not affect THIS year.... schools only get paid if kids are there so they will add any of these closures to the beginning or end of next year. I am sure they do this for snow days too but ..... we have never had one.

gran2x2

WEATHER IS NUTS!!!!!  We got massive flooding here in Fl panhandle...roads washed away amd lots of people lost everything...The area is not a flood zone so 95% had no flood insurance... 6_6.gif...

snap20

Not bragging about that California weather now...are we? ;)

All kidding aside, stay safe! I hope this fire season isn't as bad as it's been the last few years...I think everyone needs a break from them. :(

Squid

So sorry to hear of people's weather woes.  So much is going on now... it's always something - everyday - with weather disasters.  We are in such trouble; I'm afraid we've gone past the point of return.  Chicken Little?  Maybe.  But we have been very poor caretakers of the earth and our chickens have come home to roost.  

* edited for poor sentence structure.  LOL   giggle2.gif

disneyland lady

We have 12 fires now in San Diego county. But we got this huge DC10 bomber dropping fire retardant starting around 5pm last night. They can't fly at night but we were told it is ours all day. One sons brand new 7 bedroom (3 car garage) home on the golf course has been evacuated. His neighborhood has had over 30 homes burned. The closest one to me and my other son has Miramar Marine Base right between us and it and I figure all those Marines can "get 'er done". And it is supposed to be over 100º today.

I did have a laugh - got a call from Chicago from a Pogoite who asked if I have been evacuated. When I said no she asked if I could do her WordJong. Priorities! I think I need to clean up my Friends List soon.

Squid

Quote from: disneyland lady on May 15, 2014, 05:52:38 AM
And it is supposed to be over 100º today. Stay cool and stay safe, Dis!   embrace.gif  blowkisses.gif

I did have a laugh - got a call from Chicago from a Pogoite who asked if I have been evacuated. When I said no she asked if I could do her WordJong. Priorities! I think I need to clean up my Friends List soon.  I'm sure your friend is basically a nice person - BUT - oh, my freakin' God!

... back to your regular programming....

snap20

Quote from: disneyland lady on May 15, 2014, 05:52:38 AM
I did have a laugh - got a call from Chicago from a Pogoite who asked if I have been evacuated. When I said no she asked if I could do her WordJong. Priorities! I think I need to clean up my Friends List soon.

Wow. Just...wow.

How are things going today? Updates? Do hope all is well...

disneyland lady

Yesterday was bad with new ones sparking up from old ones. 2 juveniles caught on film setting fires. In these days of camera's everywhere, they can't blame their youth on this. And an adult in another area arrested for arson. Several arrested for looting. This morning they are saying over 30 square miles are gone. Temps are going to start going down from over 100º today.

I went into a real rage on my way to the store yesterday when I saw a construction truck driver toss a lit cigarette out the window. Last year when I tried to report someone because of this the non-emergency police number just told me they no longer take the license number because exes and pranksters can abuse it. Well, we were driving in smoke filled air and I just home that when he got home he saw some Karma regarding his property.

Here is a vid I saw of a neighborhood only 3 miles from me taped by someone riding shotgun in a truck - there are expletives for obvious reasons. Not sure how to post a youtube here.

As for me - I look like I have chickenpox because I am very allergic to palm and they are burning all over town - in my lungs and eyes and the ash is all over my skin. I was on my way to get calamine lotion when I saw the guy toss the ciggie. The truck that ticked me off had the name of the company on it so I called and told the office gal the time and street and she said she thought it was the owner of the company! I said that I will NEVER use their company for anything when their boss seems to be drumming up new business by causing more carnage.   

snap20

*facepalm* You gotta love the people that are standing on the side of the road RIGHT NEXT TO the fire, in the video.

Never ceases to amaze me on how clueless and self-centered people are...like that idiot tossing a cigarette butt out his window. Who the hell smokes anymore anyway?! Unreal...

Hope you feel better DL!

Squid

Oh, DLL, please stay safe.  It's awful what's happening with those fires.  May a deluge of rain fall upon you!!  xoxox

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview