PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 12:35:38 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Why is pogo making all their games flash based?

Started by roadwarrior,

Previous topic - Next topic

roadwarrior

I'm outta the loop here...Why is pogo turning all their games into flash based games?  Flash based pogo games don't work very well the library computers, my computer (granted, it's a $200 walmart special running off windows 7 starter) the computer at work (very new computers, running off windows 8) and my high quality Iphone I have through work.
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

disneyland lady

I actually think that Adobe gave Pogo a better revenue deal than did Java. So while they will continue to need java for everyday stuff, they are going the cheap way. Javascript isn't compatible with many browsers and Sun does not seem to care. It is too bad too because Java applets were/are superior to Flash. But Hidden Object games use Flash quite easily and we all know Pogo is keen for the revenue that HOG's bring to EA. I am addicted to them.

I use my Twitter acct for my paranoia rants and I once ranted about how it seems every single day I have an Adobe update. They tweeted back "as it should be". And proved that just cuz I am paranoid does not mean they are not watching.

S1lent

Greetings,
I've been having good luck running chrome. Internet Explorer as my backup and have dropped FireFox.  What helps me is running "CCleaner" Free. If I find some games not loading, I run CCleaner and things work good again.  There are a could of web browsers that have Flash built in...will let you know if they work.

Have a good PogoCheat day.

S1lent

snap20

Java is littered with holes and is any easy way to execute viruses/malware. The release an update and within a day there are already new holes found.

I'm not saying Flash is better...but given the option of using Java or Flash, I'd choose Flash. I do hate flash too though.  I wouldn't even have Java installed if I didn't go to pogo. It's the only site that I use that needs it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview