July 04, 2024, 05:09:34 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Started by gigi,

Previous topic - Next topic

gigi

Guess this is as good of a forum as any to ask this question.  I know I have to put my avatars in some storage place so I can use them here, but I don't know where.  Suggestions?  Hope this made sense

C~M

photobucket, imageshack, just google image hosters

Squid

A lot of those (photobucket, imageshack...) now have become paid storage sites.  No more freebies?  I've been having nice success with all my pics using the tinypic service right on this website.  I love it, actually.  Again - thanks, Mayhem! xoxox

gigi

Thank you both. I'll work on it and see what I can come up with.  Ever since I got this new computer I lost a lot of information.  Love avatars...... let's see how long it takes me hahaha.  I appreciate you helping me out.
inlove1.gif

gigi

OH EM GEE that was soooooooooooooooooo easy

Mayhem

Quote from: Squid on February 03, 2015, 12:21:36 PM
A lot of those (photobucket, imageshack...) now have become paid storage sites.  No more freebies?  I've been having nice success with all my pics using the tinypic service right on this website.  I love it, actually.  Again - thanks, Mayhem! xoxox

Is imageshack a 100% paid storage site now? If so, I'll remove the widget off this site.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

C~M

Quote from: Squid on February 03, 2015, 12:21:36 PM
A lot of those (photobucket, imageshack...) now have become paid storage sites.  No more freebies?  I've been having nice success with all my pics using the tinypic service right on this website.  I love it, actually.  Again - thanks, Mayhem! xoxox

Photobucket is free, I have 3 different accounts with them and all are free. As for Imageshack, I dunno if they are still free or not. I pay so my stuff stays and log in to upload.

As for tinypic, I heard that they reuse the links for other images and sometimes your image will get replaced by p o r n.

Squid

I had two accounts with imageshack and now they are a pay site.  My pictures there, even when they were a free site, would frequently go missing.... just go POOF.  Because of that, I refused to even consider giving them money.  My pics are still there (the ones that didn't go POOF) but I can upload no more pictures.  I can no longer directly link to the picture since they became a pay site.  I tried photobucket LONG ago but can't remember the issues I had.  I thought it might have been that they were no longer free but, according to CM, that isn't the case.

I have NEVER had a problem with tinypic on this site, which is the only place I use tinypic.  Waiting for the p o r n!   wow.gif

Yoming 2

Photo bucket lets you join free............however if you exceed the bandwidth ( which is easy to do ) they will not let you upload any pics...they will want you to upgrade to a plus account though.  I opted not to upgrade and just said phooey on photobucket.  I now put my pics in a folder with easy access and they are there when I need or want them.   bubblegum.gif

snap20

I find https://imgur.com/ to be the best free hosting site now. Just create an account and it's easy-peasy.

disneyland lady

I have been using image hosting sites since 1998 when I started doing eBay. Imageshack grandfathered me only because they were around back then and I was paying originally because I had a large quantity of photos for my auctions. When they changed their setup I removed everything for a year and have not been back. I have Photosbucket but have issues. They would (even when I paid for them) put up their "bandwidth exceeded" message while I had auctions running. Interestingly I use and love TinyPic which is owned by Photobucket! I have learned that you have to keep the amount of pics you keep to no more than 30 to be safe because: (from Wiki) "Once Tinypic decides the image has had enough time online or decides it has not had enough access to it would be deleted from his servers."

gigi

Squid

disneyland lady

gigi

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview