Bejeweled Stars : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Score 60000 points this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Silly question...

Started by Squid,

Previous topic - Next topic

Squid

Why does my siggy and avatar on this site appear when I use Chrome but not when I use IE?

Mayhem

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

gran2x2

Squid

Thank you, Mayhem!  I admit I'm a chrome girl, myself, but IE is needed for BING rewards and I saw the pics weren't appearing.  I didn't realize the .ext was missing.  Thanks again!  xox

disneyland lady

Squid

I read the article that said Microsoft was ditching IE for Spartan

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Squid on March 21, 2015, 06:08:03 PM
I read the article that said Microsoft was ditching IE for Spartan

Isn't Spartan a condom? Does this mean IE's replacement will be less likely to spread virii?

snap20

All they are doing is ditching the name. Same crappy product, new look.

Squid

Maybe I haven't been paying attention but I haven't had much of an issue with IE.  I know IE6 was a fiasco for Microsoft but all the versions since weren't enough to make repairs with the reputation?  What's wrong with IE?

snap20

Generally it comes down to personal preference.

IE has gotten much better than it used to be...but it's still such a large market share that it's still the main target for malware/viruses.  And since it's not open source, the only people that can look for bugs to fix them are Microsoft people...others look for bugs to exploit them, not make the product better.  It's much easier to control security with something like Firefox and it's variants (and even Chrome somewhat..if you trust Google as a whole. I don't, so won't use it).

The best step Microsoft made was allowing "add-ons" like Firefox and Chrome do. There is (and always will be) a stigma with the name though...so that's why they are calling the new product "Spartan".

MsMissy

I haven't heard of IE changing there name as of yet, but for me I only use IE & not any other browser. I don't understand what the others are asking when I try ot change browers, so I have stayed with IE for 15 yrs now. So I really don't no much about the others except what other people have told me about them. I quess itsup to a person who likes which ever they feel is better for them.  coffee.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview