PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 12:34:07 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Window 10 free upgrade for windows 7 and 8

Started by S1lent,

Previous topic - Next topic

S1lent

disneyland lady

From what I have heard this is only for those using Win 7, 8 or 8.1 and will be available free if downloaded the first year. I might just do this to my laptop which has 8.1 and is buggy and sluggish the moment I purchased it. Still very happy with Win 7. Win 8 was a worse flop than Vista.

Squid

Quote from: disneyland lady on April 09, 2015, 10:04:54 AM
From what I have heard this is only for those using Win 7, 8 or 8.1 and will be available free if downloaded the first year. I might just do this to my laptop which has 8.1 and is buggy and sluggish the moment I purchased it. Still very happy with Win 7. Win 8 was a worse flop than Vista.

I still have so much to learn about 8.1 but might take the free Win10 upgrade.  Why learn two op. systems, right?  I love my 7's but would still consider it, depending how the 8.1 computer did with the upgrade.  Sounds interesting to me.

S1lent

Greetings
Thanks for the comments.
I have three computers all with win 7 and it seems to work fine.  I also have a macbook pro with windows 7 installed in bootcamp.  I'm just gonna wait until I hear something really positive.  Microsoft really messed up with Win 8...glad I didn't upgrade.

S1lent

Squid

If memory serves me correctly, there are only 2 or 3 months (July, 2016?) left for the free upgrade to Win10.  I'm leaving my Win7 computers alone.  I have one laptop with 8.1 and am wondering if I should do it?  I did D/L 10 on it months ago but then the laptop had to go to the manufacturer twice, at which time they wiped out 10 and sent it back with manufacturer specs. 

Any thoughts?  Should I just do it?  Do other people, who have gotten to know 10, like it? 

Thanks.

disneyland lady

I think we have til Sept but I am still iffy on upgrading too. My 8.1 laptop starting "scheduling" the upgrade weekly then daily til I "hid" the update.  My grandson has had to wipe and reinstall twice. My brother who is a programmer and has a Win 10 disk has had issues. My son thinks Bill Gates is trying to access his brain so uses Linus.

Just checked and the free upgrade is til July 29, 2016.

Mayhem

Quote from: Squid on April 24, 2016, 02:21:04 PM
Any thoughts?  Should I just do it?  Do other people, who have gotten to know 10, like it? 

I was a die hard Windows 7 fan, but after using Win10 since last October, I would never go back. Everything runs so much better (and without issues).
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

S1lent

Greetings,
Mayhem hit it on the head.  After a few glitches, Windows 10 seems solid.   Not so sure about EDGE.  I still struggle to get the right web browser.  Heck, my last Java update didn't even take.

Do Enjoy Window 10

S1lent

LittleFawn

I also like Windows 10. I have not had any issues. It was hard to get used to but it seems like it has become easier to use.

Squid

snap20

At this point, the good thing is that even if you don't like it, there are tons of things you can do to make it look like Win7 (or 8). I just got a new (well, refurbished) computer with Win7Pro and won't upgrade to 10, but I've messed around with 10 a little bit and it seems new, but easy to navigate. If I bought a 'new' computer, I'd probably get one with 10 on it or install it right away from the start.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview