PlayBuddy
September 20, 2024, 01:53:14 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Window 10 Free Upgrade Notification Icon

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

snap20

Quote from: Mayhem on June 02, 2015, 05:34:04 PM
Windows 10 Home Edition will cost $119 - and the Professional Edition will cost $199.

If you download the free (Home Edition), you can upgrade to the Pro version for $99.

Thanks...about what I figured they'd charge. Seems to be about the same for a while now.

MsMissy

Snap, I thank you for that info you posted, where you said you can keep your Windows version you have forever, as mine works just fine & don't want to upgrade if I don't have too. I also used to have XP & I liked it very well. but they keep changing things im beginning to think that is so people will buy a new Computer.  tumbsup.gif

snap20

Quote from: MsMissy on June 04, 2015, 06:24:05 AM
but they keep changing things im beginning to think that is so people will buy a new Computer.  tumbsup.gif

You're welcome. It's kind of about money...but it's more about something more secure. You can only patch something so many times before it becomes counter-intuitive to do so. Eventually, it's best to just start new.

IMO, Windows has been changed so frequently lately because of the rise in use of tablets/notepads. More and more users are going away from desktops (and even laptops) and just using an Ipad or Surface exclusively. That's basically what Win8 was designed for...for a touch screen device, that still had the options available for use on a non-touch laptop or desktop. Seems like Microsoft wanted to change quite a few things between 8 and 10, so they decided on a complete overhaul including no more Internet Explorer, instead using a new name (Spartan? I forget what they settled on).

Anyway...long post longer, they care about the money of selling more PC's, sure, but it's also about adjusting the product to sell to those that buy...and right now, those that buy are tablet/notepad users for the most part.

Squid

Quote from: snap20 on June 04, 2015, 02:21:54 PM
...  so they decided on a complete overhaul including no more Internet Explorer, instead using a new name (Spartan? I forget what they settled on).

I'm hoping they come up with a new name.  The word, "Spartan"  can mean:

1.  Heroic warrior of strict discipline - OR
2.  Showing indifference to comfort or luxury (traditionally associated with ancient Sparta).

When I heard the microsoft name of their new browser, I immediately thought of the second definition, which is not particulary complementary toward their product.

Just thinkin' out loud, folks.....

Mayhem

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

snap20

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview