PlayBuddy
July 04, 2024, 03:46:20 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Finally have the internet back on my computer!!!

Started by Sue,

Previous topic - Next topic

Sue

I have been without the internet on my computer for a month now.

My main computer totally would not connect. Nor would it do a system restore.

Finally I called Lenovo and was on the phone an hour and a half.

He had to go through many steps to get system restore to open up.

After the restore was done... I have the internet back.

Someone helped me with my badges the whole time and for that I am very thankful.

Things have been crazy here as last week I was diagnosed a diabetic. But that is a whole different topic.

snap20

Welcome back! Not having the internet is brutal. Just brutal. At least for me.

C~M

I've been diabetic forever.

Does this mean that I don't have to do your accounts? I had started the first one and had done the weeklies but not got to the personals yet. (when you posted this)

Sue

Nah Crazy go ahead and do them please, this week.

Being diabetic is scaring the $hit out of me. My Dad died at age 55 (I'm 50) due to complications from diabetes.

My morning readings have been as high as 188 even though I am on Metformin twice daily.

So now I have to have a diet for people with high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes.

Basically low salt, low fats, and low carbs.

I quit drinking pop earlier this month and I never add salt to anything but I do know salt is included in many products.

I really didn't think I was eating a lot of carbs until I went shopping the other day. Garlic bread, waffles and other frozen items.

I have set up meetings with the hospital dietician and diabetes classes through the hospital. I checked out many books from the hospital.

I have joined groups on Facebook to learn as much as I can quickly.

I need to get on an eating schedule with plenty of water (Not my favorite). Oh and no eating after midnight.

I just have to take one day at a time.

Thank you Crazy for all you have did for me.

C~M

MsMissy

Sue glad to hear you got your Internet back. I have puter withdrawal when mine isn't working right , as I have been having trouble with it lately.also must say im a diabetic also type 2, & sure miss eating a lot of things I used to beable too. I also take metformin twice a day. & stick my little fingers at least twice. Only my left hand, as im right handed & don't want to make my clicking finger sore .LOL  I didn't read up about it as my younger Sister has had it for many years. water is not my favorite drink either, but I have never been a soda drinker. When I go shopping I looked at how much salt & sugar in some things.  anyway  like you said here, just take it 1 day at a time. I do, but only had it a few years now. Take care & you will be fine.   tumbsup.gif   coffee.gif

disneyland lady

Quote from: MsMissy on July 23, 2015, 05:58:04 AM
I also take metformin twice a day.

Ditto! I found out on Halloween 14 yrs ago. Listen to the MDs & be careful of your meds. If you take metformin, having grapefruit can render it useless. The issues i have with my hands and legs are from diabetes - peripheral neuropathy. Sending out an umbrella of healing grace over you!

Yoming 2

Quote from: disneyland lady on July 23, 2015, 03:04:34 PM
Ditto! I found out on Halloween 14 yrs ago. Listen to the MDs & be careful of your meds. If you take metformin, having grapefruit can render it useless. The issues i have with my hands and legs are from diabetes - peripheral neuropathy. Sending out an umbrella of healing grace over you!

I too take Metformin ( 2 a day ) and I love grapefruit.  My Dr. told me I was allowed 1 grapefruit ( or juice ) a month.  I also like Squirt as a beverage and it is grapefruit....so there again I only drink one every now and then.  Gotta do what they say so things don't go downhill any faster than they already do...... giggle2.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview