PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 08:38:28 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Browsers

Started by PissedOffPumpkin,

Previous topic - Next topic

PissedOffPumpkin

I'm not sure if this is the right area for this topic, so feel free to move it if you like, admins.

I'm curious what browsers people are using to play Pogo, and why. I like to see scores fairly regularly in some games (Word Whomp, Turbo, for instance) so I tend to use Firefox for those games. I also use Explorer, but of course, being a Microsoft product, it crashes in the middle of games. Usually when I'm doing really well. It's not that interested in crashing during a bad game.

Firefox seems to have issues with Flash games, where the games sort of stutter and hesitate. If I check scores more than 2-3 times in Explorer, I get a message about how they're helping me by avoiding cross-platforming (gosh, thanks) and all I get is a white screen with an 'x' in a corner.

Can you check scores regularly in your browser? Do you get stuttering in Flash games?

All input appreciated!

Squid

I used to use Chrome exclusively but now I don't due to flash/java issues and, also, because many autos don't work in Chrome anymore.  I am now using IE, for the most part.  I will occasionally use Opera and Firefox, depending on which computer I happen to be using.  I don't have many issues with any of the browsers I'm now using.

I confess, I miss Chrome.

Yoming 2

I stay away from FF cause of all the problems. I used to use only Chrome, but it is such a mess I uninstalled it completely. 

I use Torch and Opera.  The autos I use recommend Torch but because I help other people I also use Opera so I can switch when I want.   tumbsup.gif

TheAngel

Quote from: Squid on March 18, 2016, 08:09:40 AM
I used to use Chrome exclusively but now I don't due to flash/java issues and, also, because many autos don't work in Chrome anymore.  I am now using IE, for the most part.  I don't have many issues with any of the browsers I'm now using.

I confess, I miss Chrome.

ditto

gran2x2

I use chrome for everything BUT Pogo because it's last update screwed with my autos..it is off on it's pixel ratio...for Pogo I use Torch..it seems to work the best with no freezes etc. FF gives me a headache most days so I have uninstalled it. IE is also uninstalled...

gran2x2

I alsp miss the old Chrome days when it worked so well...... swear2.gif

S1lent

Greetings,
Hope you are using Windows 10...

Have the following browsers all on my taskbar...ready for anything POGO can throw at me.
Torch
Opera
FF
Chrome
IE
Edge

One of these should work

Try to keep your Flash and Java up to date and clean of cache.

Additionally, try a free cleaner called "CCleaner".  I have the professional version...but the free version is just fine.

S1lent

TheAngel

Quote from: s1lentscream on March 18, 2016, 04:03:14 PM

Have the following browsers all on my taskbar...ready for anything POGO can throw at me.
Torch
Opera
FF
Chrome
IE
Edge

One of these should work
S1lent

hysterical.gif  awful how we need all of 'em huh?  hysterical.gif

PissedOffPumpkin

Thanks everyone! I've used most of these, but haven't tried Torch. Off to download land!

PissedOffPumpkin

Can anyone tell me how to turn off the little sales window that keeps popping up at the bottom of Torch? I close it, and as soon as I go to another page, it comes back. I don't need a new cap.  rolleyes.gif

S1lent

Greetings,
Make Torch you default browser.   Google Ad Blocker Plus...it might say for Chrome...but it works for Torch also. It really works, some sites have over 20 ads that are loaded...terrible.

Also, select settings and review your extentions.

Hope this helps
S1lent

PissedOffPumpkin

essybee

pale moon is new and I have played a few pogo games , but have not tested it completly

Squid

Quote from: essybee on March 20, 2016, 05:14:36 PM
pale moon is new
Never heard of it.  I'd like to hear what you think after your testing.

C~M

PissedOffPumpkin

Ditto Squid's. Maybe a thread devoted to your thoughts as you go along? In the meantime, I might see if I can find it with reviews. I always appreciate reading what others think of products and services before I try them.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview