PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 12:28:40 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogo Will Be Retiring Deluxe Download Games

Started by C~M,

Previous topic - Next topic

C~M

Pogo Will Be Retiring Deluxe Download Games in November.

On November 1st, Pogo will be retiring some of their "Deluxe Download" games and removing online connectivity from them. These games are the downloads offered through Pogo's Download Games Center that have awarded your Club Pogo account tokens, rank badges, and Mini items as you ranked up. As of November 1st, these games will no longer be able to be played online and therefore you will no longer be able to earn the rank badges, tokens, and Mini items.

The retiring games are:

The Poppit Show
Way to go Bowling
Word Riot Deluxe
Diner Dash Family Style*
Lottso! Deluxe
Tri-Peaks 2 – Quest for the Ruby Ring
Mahjong Garden Deluxe
Pictureka Museum Mayhem
Operation Mania

The reason given by customer support was a contractual issue, but also these games have not been compatible with anything higher than Windows 7. Recently, players have reported being unable to connect to Mahjong Garden Deluxe. Other games may be affected as well.

disneyland lady

I still have the ability to get these badges for those who do not have them, however I really think Poppit Show is done. I have played it for 4 hrs every day for 6 weeks for someone and they are still on rank 35.

Squid

And when can we expect refunds from EA/Pogo since these DeLuxe games were paid for separately? 

MsMissy

Squid, do you really think Pogo will pay us back for these games.  giggle2.gif   I feel sorry for whoever buys them now. & then wil loose all those games. . I myself liked tri-peaks & Poppit. but now all gone.  Maybe they are making room for some new games ?    hi11.gif

snowflower

Quote from: ~Squid~ on August 03, 2016, 05:05:06 AM
And when can we expect refunds from EA/Pogo since these DeLuxe games were paid for separately?
tumbsup.gif Got my hand out waiting cuz I've purchased 5 .. and you betcha their hand was out when I bought them.

disneyland lady

I would be on them immediately wanting all the badges I still needed OR a refund.

snowflower

Quote from: disneyland lady on August 03, 2016, 04:50:23 PM
I would be on them immediately wanting all the badges I still needed OR a refund.

I've already checked this out and was informed that the games were "third party' entities and no longer affiliated with EA.
They said the downloadable games are non refundable, therefore, if the badges are not won by the end of October/16 they will no longer be available.

I guess they got us comin or goin! That's EA for you...  low blow.gif

disneyland lady

Quote from: snowflower on August 03, 2016, 05:40:23 PM
I've already checked this out and was informed that the games were "third party' entities and no longer affiliated with EA.
They said the downloadable games are non refundable, therefore, if the badges are not won by the end of October/16 they will no longer be available.

I guess they got us comin or goin! That's EA for you...  low blow.gif

so no refund but I do not want my money back - I would insist they give the badges. I have all of them but I have friends who do not. Diner Dash has been MIA for ages but I just got the 5 badges for someone last month.

Squid

Squid

Ok, I got full refunds for all the games I bought and for which I could produce receipts.  Then because I told them I was really getting miffed over empty promises and the inconvenience of having them take up my time this way, they gave me 25,000 gems.  So, I guess I was satisfied.  Then I woke up from the dream.

Stay tuned... this ain't over!

snowflower

Quote from: ~Squid~ on August 04, 2016, 10:00:32 AM
Ok, I got full refunds for all the games I bought and for which I could produce receipts.  Then because I told them I was really getting miffed over empty promises and the inconvenience of having them take up my time this way, they gave me 25,000 gems.  So, I guess I was satisfied.  Then I woke up from the dream.

Stay tuned... this ain't over!

You almost had me there, Squiddy!!  tumbsup.gif

S1lent

Greetings,
The Poppit Show had/has 11 badges, all the rest have 6 each.  Luckily I was able to max out on my two main accounts.  Well, of course I used the autos that are still available.

I tried to get some of the badges for my dummy accounts.  Called the company a few years ago...yes they answered...and are still laughing  hysterical.gif

Thanks again for the updates,
Ken #2 aka S1lent

Squid

This download game is new and being offered on Pogo for purchase:

Delicious - Emily's Message in a Bottle Platinum Edition

Who on earth would buy a download game from Pogo or any connected 3rd party when 9 downloadable games, bought and paid for, are being discontinued? 

disneyland lady

Because they are counting on the newer Pogo players who have not spent the money on downloads . This is exactly what they did when EA discontinued SIMS which was a known popular revenue maker and gave EA players Roller Coaster for free. And the Delicious Emily download is the 12 or 14th of the series. I had 1 of them Emily's Tea Garden in 2009 as an app on my iPad but got over it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview