PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 04:29:55 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogo's New TOS

Started by C~M,

Previous topic - Next topic

C~M

I never have read their TOS, but it was updated and shows above the game's window.

I skimmed them and found this:

B. Monitoring

EA utilizes certain technologies to detect and prevent cheating in connection with the use of EA PC Products. These are described below. You can visit http://www.ea.com/legal to know which technology is used with each EA PC Product.

Punkbuster. EA may use Punkbuster Anti-Cheat technology from Even Balance, Inc. You may opt to install Punkbuster during the installation of an EA PC Product. If it is installed, when you connect online to a game server using Punkbuster, Punkbuster will monitor your computer's random access memory (RAM) for Unauthorized Third Party Programs running concurrently with the EA PC Product and any modifications to the EA PC Product's files enabling or facilitating cheating. An Unauthorized Third Party Program is a third party program or file (such as a "addon", "mod", "hack", "trainer", or "cheat") that EA believes (i) enables or facilitates cheating of any type: (ii) allows users to modify or hack the game interface, environment, and /or experience in any way not expressly authorized by EA: or (iii) Intercepts, "mines", or otherwise collects information from or through the game. If you uninstall the EA PC Product, Punkbuster will remain dormant on your computer. To uninstall Punkbuster, run the executable at http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe.

EA Anti-Cheat Technologies. EA may use its own anti-cheat technologies. When you connect online to a game server, these technologies will activate and monitor your game play, the game files associated with the EA PC Product and your computer's RAM. These technologies detect cheating and Unauthorized Third Party Programs running concurrently with the EA PC Product and any modifications to the EA PC Product's files enabling or facilitating cheating.

If any of these anti-cheat technologies detects cheating, we may collect relevant information, including your account name, details about an Unauthorized Third Party Program and the EA PC Product files modification detected, and the time and date it was detected. We also may terminate your License and your EA Account if we determine you have been cheating.

When you disconnect from the game server, these anti-cheat technologies will be deactivated.

Stinkerbell

So, is this something different than they've done in the past?

C~M

I have no idea since I never read their TOS before. Seems they can download onto our computers a program to monitor the RAM and detect autos running when we are playing the online games.
And they have a program that you opt to install or not that comes with their installable games.

Mayhem

Not once does this mention Pogo.com games. I believe this TOS only applies to PC and Console games.

QuoteEA utilizes certain technologies to detect and prevent cheating in connection with the use of EA PC Products. These are described below. You can visit http://www.ea.com/legal to know which technology is used with each EA PC Product.

To view the list of games : http://www.ea.com/legal
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

C~M

Quote from: Mayhem on October 29, 2016, 01:19:00 AM
Not once does this mention Pogo.com games. I believe this TOS only applies to PC and Console games.

Why would it be in Pogo's TOS then? Every Page has it.

AustinBennett

This is all standard procedure. What's important is your status as a customer. Your moral character is of little relevance if your financial contribution meets their acceptance. Cheating and most any behavior not forbidden by law would be included in this character. EA is a business is the bottom line. Their existence depends on cash flow, not who holds up to any moral standards by what amount of cheating and/or profanity takes place.
Just a little something here to keep in mind.   tumbsup.gif

Mayhem

Quote from: Crazy~Man on October 29, 2016, 01:30:21 AM
Why would it be in Pogo's TOS then? Every Page has it.

I'm not sure, but the anti-cheat technologies they are describing are specific PC and Console gaming (eg) Punkbuster - which I am very familiar with when I used to play Battlefield 1 & 2.

Punkbuster CAN NOT be installed without your explicit permission. This is why it states :

QuoteYou may opt to install Punkbuster during the installation of an EA PC Product.

This is all a moot point anyways, as this has nothing to do with playing flash / java games on Pogo.com
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: AustinBennett on October 29, 2016, 02:13:49 AM
This is all standard procedure. What's important is your status as a customer. Your moral character is of little relevance if your financial contribution meets their acceptance. Cheating and most any behavior not forbidden by law would be included in this character. EA is a business is the bottom line. Their existence depends on cash flow, not who holds up to any moral standards by what amount of cheating and/or profanity takes place.
Just a little something here to keep in mind.   tumbsup.gif

This is what I've been thinking, too. Early on - I mean 10 years ago - Pogo was deleting people's accounts for cheating, but they quickly discovered the cheaters are buying badges, gems, power-ups... we're taking nothing monetary away from them, but we are helping fatten their coffers.

Squid

C~M

Quote from: Mayhem on October 29, 2016, 08:30:21 AM
I'm not sure, but the anti-cheat technologies they are describing are specific PC and Console gaming (eg) Punkbuster - which I am very familiar with when I used to play Battlefield 1 & 2.

Punkbuster CAN NOT be installed without your explicit permission. This is why it states :

This is all a moot point anyways, as this has nothing to do with playing flash / java games on Pogo.com

But there is this paragraph that states online games (Pogo is online):

EA Anti-Cheat Technologies. EA may use its own anti-cheat technologies. When you connect online to a game server, these technologies will activate and monitor your game play, the game files associated with the EA PC Product and your computer's RAM. These technologies detect cheating and Unauthorized Third Party Programs running concurrently with the EA PC Product and any modifications to the EA PC Product's files enabling or facilitating cheating.

Stinkerbell

My son connects online to game servers all the time using his XBox, so it doesn't necessarily mean PC.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview