Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

The Island

Started by KittyKat,

Previous topic - Next topic

KittyKat

this is a brain teaser in my math class (y math i dunno) but i get some xtra credit if i get it right. i have no idea what the answer is and i was wondering if any1 could help.

There is an island with 2 tribes on it, the TruthTellers and the LieTellers. The TruthTellers tell only the truth and the LieTellers tell only lies. While walking in the forrest looking for a way out you come to a clearing with a represenative from each tribe there at a fork in the road. One of the paths leading to safety and the other leading to certain death. You know you need to take one of the paths. Each represenative look alike and sound alike. You can only ask 1 question to 1 of the reps. What is the question you ask?

if any1 can help me on this i need to know the question and why that question would work

admin

Ask one a question that you know the answer to. Like "Is 1+1=2?". Then you know if they are a truth-teller or a liar. Then ask the other one which way is safe.

KittyKat

no, i think u misunderstood me, u can only ask ONE question total. sorry for the confusion.

admin

Ah, ok. I knew it too easy, heh.

marky03

Dream Faerie

Quote from: KittyKat on August 26, 2004, 04:02:18 PM
this is a brain teaser in my math class (y math i dunno) but i get some xtra credit if i get it right. i have no idea what the answer is and i was wondering if any1 could help.

There is an island with 2 tribes on it, the TruthTellers and the LieTellers. The TruthTellers tell only the truth and the LieTellers tell only lies. While walking in the forrest looking for a way out you come to a clearing with a represenative from each tribe there at a fork in the road. One of the paths leading to safety and the other leading to certain death. You know you need to take one of the paths. Each represenative look alike and sound alike. You can only ask 1 question to 1 of the reps. What is the question you ask?

if any1 can help me on this i need to know the question and why that question would work

Hmmm I guess just following the TruthTellers is too easy.. lol
Im thinking for ya  ???

Super Duckie

Ducky has the answer for everything, please stand by while i try to explain

Super Duckie

ok, the first man would always say he is the truthteller. If he was the truthteller, of course he would say so.  If he was a liar, he would still say he was the truthteller.  This means the second man will tell the truth.. so ask the second man which path is safe.. I think that is the answer to the riddle..

Because when they came out of the paths they told you who they were, the first one said he was the truthteller but you didn't quite hear what the second man said.........

marky03

Super Duckie

no, that is the correct answer, its all common sence

Dream Faerie

Quote from: Super Duckie on August 26, 2004, 05:51:56 PM
ok, the first man would always say he is the truthteller. If he was the truthteller, of course he would say so.  If he was a liar, he would still say he was the truthteller.  This means the second man will tell the truth.. so ask the second man which path is safe.. I think that is the answer to the riddle..

Because when they came out of the paths they told you who they were, the first one said he was the truthteller but you didn't quite hear what the second man said.........

OMG! Ducky? I Wuv ya dude  :-* BUT WOW! I am more lost on the island now than ever before.

I would just ask Jeff Probst (Host of Survivor)  ;D

*~Kris

Super Duckie

your welcome........let me know if it was correct, but i am pretty sure it is right.......

Super Duckie the next American Hero

Dream Faerie

When I asked someone, this is the answer I got  :(

I know this one, only the way I heard it was a little bit differently. The way I heard it, the TruthTellers were friendly, the LieTellers were cannibals so the question to ask would be "Which way to your tribe?"

Sowwy, Still trying....

*~Kris

Super Duckie

that is a completly different riddle between the natives and the cannibles.......don't go by that....

Dream Faerie

Quote from: Super Duckie on August 26, 2004, 08:12:51 PM
that is a completly different riddle between the natives and the cannibles.......don't go by that....

RIGHT DUCKIE, DON'T Go by that! I was stating that I was still on the case & Thats that was all I could get as of now, but I am still trying..
Duckie, Please check your PM's :)

*~Kris

Super Duckie

already taken care of, like i said, i am pretty sure i gave you the correct responce, but i could be wrong, g/l

KittyKat

ill ask my teacher that next monday duckie (when i have the class again). thanx.

Super Duckie

please let me know if i am right or wrong, thank you

Dream Faerie

Would you take the trail that the other guys says to take?     O0

If the guy says "yes" then he is the liar.

*~Kris

Super Duckie

are ya figuring it out ;)

did ya get your PM's married mom

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview