Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

The Island

Started by KittyKat,

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream Faerie

Yes Duckie I did, & I am trying, ARGH lol....

*~Kris

TyLey

Quote from: Married Mom Of 2 on August 26, 2004, 09:44:01 PM
Would you take the trail that the other guys says to take?     O0

If the guy says "yes" then he is the liar.

*~Kris

If both say yes your stuck maybe it's not a yes or no question. I still thinking

Dream Faerie

OK,

If the truthtellers say NO, they are telling the truth cuz U dont wanna go down the death path, But if the liars say yes (Cuz they ALWAYS lie & dont wanna die) they are lying. OK, It made better sense when I thought it in my head. lol

*~Kris

Super Duckie

that may be, but your asking them which way to go,  they aren't gonna go down the death path, other than send you there, so technically, your way of thinking may not be as well

Dream Faerie

Quote from: Super Duckie on August 26, 2004, 10:28:33 PM
that may be, but your asking them which way to go,  they aren't gonna go down the death path, other than send you there, so technically, your way of thinking may not be as well

But the Liars ALWAYS Lie.. right, Wasnt that a clue?

Super Duckie

yea, but who is the liar??? thats what we are figuring??

TyLey

I think I got it you could only ask one of them . I would ask them if they could follow me down one of the path. i dont either of them would want to die. I the truth teller would lead you in the right direction and the lair would hesitate or say no.

Dream Faerie

Off the wall answer, but how about.....

Are you my lord and savior?
*~Kris

Emswife

This is what i found .................... ::)
The only diff is that they are talking about a professor and about two roads leading to diff directions, one to the beach (safety)and the other one to quicksand (death)
Here it is :
Pointing to a road, Prof. Wise asks: "If I asked you "Is this the road to the shore?" would you say "yes"?
In other words, you must embed a question within a question (so that both the liar ands the truth sayer will answer the same way).
Assume Prof. Wise points to road A and Road B is to the shore. Friendless, telling the truth, will say "no". Untrusted, who always lies, will also say "no" (he would say "yes" if asked if it is the road to the shore (a lie), so lying here he says he would not say "yes".

If Prof. Wise points to road A and Road A is to the shore, both Friendless and Untrusted would say "yes".

Thus "no" means take Road B and "yes" means take road A.
Symmetrically the same argument would hold if you reverse the road pointed to.
"No means take the other road, "yes" means take the road pointed to.
As a side note, might this be an interesting way to point out how the negative of a negative is a positive?

I hope this helped  :P

marky03

Super Duckie

why don't you just put one of them in a sharp shooter until they tell you the truth

Dream Faerie

OK, it's Monday...What's the correct answer please? 

Been going nuts all weekend lol

*~KRIS

Super Duckie

they are lucky i didn't find them, i would of beat the living crap outta them until they told me what it is

Dream Faerie

Quote from: Super Duckie on August 30, 2004, 02:20:58 PM
they are lucky i didn't find them, i would of beat the living crap outta them until they told me what it is

No kidding, I Sent an email out to a lot of my friends & they are all IMing me & emailing me asking me for the answer cuz it has been driving them crazy too....

KittyKat

lol im so sorry but i woke up really late and had to like run around to get to school on time so i wasnt able to write them down so i dunno the answer yet.

Dream Faerie

KittyKat  >:(  How dare you be late when there are so many counting on you >:(
Just kidding, ;D  I understand. PLEASE POST the RIGHT answer as soon as u get home tomorrow.

*~Kris

Super Duckie

Down with the Liars, the truth tellers will rise again one day

Dream Faerie

OK, It's Tuesday what's the answer PUHLEEZE?

TyLey

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview