PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 11:03:59 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

CD Drive

Started by TonySoprano,

Previous topic - Next topic

DEBKARLAR

both comps I've own have been custom mades I'm not a comp in a box person

dallastx

custom jobs are nice,i made one for a class project 2 years ago
fried it overclocking it but oh well
i will make another soon
but the software that is coming bundled and the prices of comps now,i could probably just buy a boxed comp and save money with all the software bundled/because i dont use the uhhh **tampered and free** software one can find online if you know what i mean ;)

TonySoprano

yeah I download a lot of that shareware for the compĀ  ;)

Token Monster (iaMnafetS)

Quote from: Homer on September 27, 2004, 03:45:16 PM
Make sure you have power to the drive. This requires opening your case and checking the connections. I don't recommend you open it if it is under warranty. If you open the case under warranty you void the warranty.

If you do and it still won't open, then more than likely the drawer mechanism is broken. Some drives have a small little button one the front of the drive. Using a pin head or something, you can depress this and open the drive door.

Sounds like you need a new cd rom drive. Probably not a good idea for you to keep punching your pc. ;)

You've already seen how much your warranty does for you haha, I'd suggest cracking it open and replacing it, 40x CD drives are like...$20 or something, REALLY easy to install, no need to send to anyone.  Unscrew the old one, disconnect the cables, put the new one in, screw it in, connect the cables, go.  All the slave/master stuff is dealt with by the fact that you removed the old drive.  Though I'd love to see this whole "string method" sounds intriguing.

TonySoprano

I'll probably end up buying one, this isn't my primary computer anyway. I just thought it couldn't hurt to ask around, maybe someone knows something about the internal parts of the drive. Might as well crack it open and see if its something I can fix, if I'm gonna toss it out anyway.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview