Sweet Tooth Town : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Poppit! Bingo : Daub 1500 numbers this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Garden HD : Remove 2200 tiles this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

The new never-fail way to poach eggs

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

It seems interesting and worth a try.  I dispute her science in using white distilled vinegar.  It's a fine choice but only because it's the cheapest vinegar and the most unflavored vinegar.  The acidity level is very comparable to any other vinegar.  Also, I don't like her reheating method.  She's going to the trouble of reheating partially poached eggs by heating up an entire oven to 350 degrees.  She's doing this for a couple of eggs?  What a waste of resources!  How unfriendly this is to our planet!  If you're reheating the eggs in an oven, giving the oven time to preheat and reach temperature, plus the heating time for the eggs, why not just poach them when you want them??  It would probably take less time and certainly use less energy.

I might try this, though, because I love a runny yoke to dip toast in!

It's a shame I don't have opinions.

snowflower

Quote from: Squid on August 31, 2022, 04:40:48 AM
It seems interesting and worth a try.  I dispute her science in using white distilled vinegar.  It's a fine choice but only because it's the cheapest vinegar and the most unflavored vinegar.  The acidity level is very comparable to any other vinegar.  Also, I don't like her reheating method.  She's going to the trouble of reheating partially poached eggs by heating up an entire oven to 350 degrees.  She's doing this for a couple of eggs?  What a waste of resources!  How unfriendly this is to our planet!  If you're reheating the eggs in an oven, giving the oven time to preheat and reach temperature, plus the heating time for the eggs, why not just poach them when you want them??  It would probably take less time and certainly use less energy.

I might try this, though, because I love a runny yoke to dip toast in!

It's a shame I don't have opinions.
zipper.gif I don't have any either  hysterical.gif

Mayhem

I agree the reheating method is silly .. I'd just make them fresh.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview