PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 11:04:31 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Programs that tell you who is trying to get into your computer....

Started by Quaevil,

Previous topic - Next topic

Quaevil

Hello, I am looking for a program or programs that tell you who is trying to get into your computer , like a hacker etc etc, one that will display the invaders isp , email , hopefully I can find one for free? Does anybody have and suggestions ? Thanks ~Qua~

Homer

If I'm not mistaken a firewall program will show you which IP addy's are attempting to connect to your pc.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Quaevil

That was helpful, I am running winxp sp2 and its up , but ( OK I'm not a blonde, but a redhead here and that can be alot worse , cause we need pictures and paragraphs rofl ) where do I go to see that info, I found my firewall in control panel , I checked all the options and no where does it tell me where to go to read who's trying to invade, or maybe I just don't know where to find my log? argggg Thanks ~Qua~

Homer

I am not too familiar with SP2 yet. I have a virus protection/firewall protection package that I use besides windows and that logs the IP addresses. If you got to www.download.com There are a number of free programs that you can download that will give you the info. Most people like Zone Alarm. ;)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

DEBKARLAR

sygates personal firewall shows IP addys of people who are scanning your comp but they could just be spoofing IP's too there are many free tools to not only to detect invaders but unfortunately there are also tools to do evil then there are fake tools you think your getting a "free" program to detect invaders but alas it maybe embedded with a keylogger or Trojan horse. best place to find reliable info is a tech forum which there are a few good ones look/read and learn and ask questions. there are no dumb questions :)

TonySoprano

http://www.techsupportdude.com/ That is a good forum and if you get bored of trying to fix your hacker problem check this one out http://www.weebl.jolt.co.uk/archives.php

Super Duckie

bob@pogopal

The built-in firewall in XP is silent. It just drops the packets without telling you who is doing what. It is the "I don't care how the engine works I just want to drive the car" firewall.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview